Sunday, September 15, 2013

Giveaway Time

Contest Closed.  Thanks for Entering!!!

Flower-Girl is the winner!
I don't have your information to contact you so please, contact me as soon as possible.
The class starts on Tuesday!

Isn't it exciting that I haven't posted in weeks and then I have a big giveaway and it's a big one!!!
- boots w message
If you've been hanging around here very long, you know that I'm a big fan of Brave Girls Club.  I attended Brave Girl Camp with my sister a few years ago, I've taken every online class (full disclosure--I'm registered for Body Restoration but haven't been able to start yet) and loved every moment of it all.  As a matter of fact, I get to go to camp again in October.  I'm so very excited!!!  A number of ladies that I've met through Brave Girls online communities are going as well and I just can't wait to meet them all and give them big huge hugs!!!

Early in the week, they posted on one of the Brave Girls Facebook groups that they would love to have some of the ladies that have blogs host a giveaway.  Well, since I love anything Brave Girls, I wanted to share it with all of you!!!  Plus, I'll be in the classroom to join you!!!   I'm so excited for the awesome woman who wins so she can be part of Brave Girls Club as well!!!  Here's what I'm giving away.


Brave Girls Club - Soul Comfort eCourse

I'm just going to let you hear what Brave Girls Club has to say about this class.

"To the tired, the exhausted, the overstretched…here’s an invitation… 
"Life can be simple. 
"What if we celebrated the brave act of….taking a break? 
"What if simplicity,comfort, and quiet were the goal? 
"What if there really was a way to quiet the chatter in our minds and let us recharge our body & soul? 
"And what if it was fun, too? 
"Soul Comfort is a fresh new concept using art and journaling as a means to relax and comfort yourself and to get grounded while dealing with the craziness of every-day living. 
"This course is full of beautiful projects to fuel your creativity in very simple and easy ways that are meditational and relaxing , beautiful comforting things that will have your soul infused into them so that you want to keep them forever."
It's me again!  So what if?  I'm so very excited about this class especially since it's coming right before the stress of the holidays?  What if you learned how to take better care of YOU during the holidays?  Wouldn't it be a lot less stressful and, therefore, a lot more fun?  I really don't have that much that I HAVE to do during the holidays but I always seem to put to much on my plate and end up over-tired and sick, in lots of pain or with a migraine.  I hope I can learn not to do that this year!

Oh, and go to this page on the Brave Girls site to find out even more about the course.  It's going to be so good!

Okay, here's the deal...tell me what you think you would get most out of this class or why you would like this class in the comments below and on Thursday evening, I will pick a winner! Then you will be able to join me in the class on Tuesday, Sept 24 (the day after my birthday).  If you post as unknown or anonymously, please leave your email address so I can reach you!  Thanks so much!!!

Plus, I'm going HOME on Friday.  Yes, I'm still in Utah and I'll be going home!!!  I'll have to take another quick trip but then I'll be home and getting ready to move!  I'm excited about the move but not about the movING.  Lots of packing and stuff to go!

Blessings,












p.s. I officially hate blogger. I composed this post in like 10 minutes but then it shifted everything around! Ugh! So, if everything looks funky, you know I gave up and left it as is!!!  I think I got it but all these spaces below,  don't know where they came from!  And now it's almost 2:30 am.  I NEED to go to bed!!!

55 comments:

Talking in Memphis said...

Would love to win - need the class it's been a rough year in so many ways and I'd like to join my friends. I need the peace, the simplicity, the relaxation of just being. I'm starting a new life - a new adventure - living apart from Mike most of the time to be in a better climate of spreading my wings. I've never really been on my own. I have mixed emotions but fear is not one of them. Maybe I'll win. Fingers crossed.
Amy Nutzell Cordova, Tn amnutz@bellsouth.net


Marilyn said...

What a great giveaway! I really want to take this class but money is tight right now. I have two kids in college, a three year old and a new baby just 8 weeks old! Yeah, I'm crazy! I have little time for me, so this class sounds just like what I need!

Kirsten said...

As a busy mom of 4 young daughters and a wife to a husband who works long hours I am exhausted both physically and emotionally. This class sounds divine and I can see how it can seamlessly fit into my busy days! Every woman needs to take time for herself and Brave Girls Club is sooo good at helping us do just that. Thanks for the chance to win a spot!

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of person who finds it very hard to relax, and this class sounds like something that would be so beneficial to a heart that needs rest! Thank you for hosting a giveaway, and I wish the very best for the winner. Of course, I'd love for it to be me, but I've never won anything in my life. :-P

Juel said...

Honestly I have had a rough couple of years of many things and I have really forgotten how to take care of me. Around the holidays it gets worse, as family usually calls a few days before saying we are coming to visit. This ends up sending me into a tail spin and who gets forgotten? Me, so I want to change that.

Coreena said...

<3 my life is so busy! I have five children, a full time job, and a husband who volunteers for SO MUCH in our community. I think soul comfort is just what I need to help me take a deep breath and slow down. I know I am not living in 'the moment' because I am too busy preparing for the next... I really need to change this... Perhaps Soul Comfort can help me do that. ❤

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Thank you for the chance to win!!! So glad you are having a great trip, but I'm sure it will be good to just be home...even if it is to pack!
I need to learn tools that will give me permission to relax an take care of myself. I guess in my brain I know it's what I need to do, but in my heart I feel that others still need me...the laundry needs to be done, dog needs to be walked... I really think this class will help me to see how important self care is... thank you again and safe travels!

Unknown said...

Christine- thank you for the lovely giveaway. I have a chronic illness and have been having a difficult time recently. My soul feels in need of bit of extra care right now, and I love the idea of having simple restorative projects during the holidays. Thanks again for the chance to win. Sending love- Julie, sunnyonthurday@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I've started simplifying my life, and it's been a real life-changer. I'm hoping to help my dad see that simplifying his life can be a good thing, too, especially since his memory is failing. I think most of his care will fall to me, so a little soul comfort sounds like a very good thing.

Unknown said...

I would love to be a brave girl, who wins a spot in the class, what else can I really say? Oh, yeah, choose me please!

Nina said...

I would love to win to focus on me. i started to more with icad 2013, DPP arent as fulfilling for me, Im sure this would blow them both out of the water.

Fran said...

Christine what an awesome opportunity to be part of something that teaches you how to take care of yourself with feeling guilty. Having been diagnosed with lung cancer two years ago was traumatic for me. But I've been blessed and I am now in remission. But I worry constantly about cancer returning and the constant worry cripples me in having joy in my life. The Brave Girls Club sounds like something that I need in my life. Of course I would love to win but whoever does will be so lucky to be part of a wonderful and most inspiring group.
Thank you for the opportunity to win. Hugs, Fran

Kim Smith said...

This sounds like such a beautiful class! Oh, how I hope I will win. I have had an extremely difficult past three years both emotionally and physically. I have been unemployed since last December and only have three weeks left on my unemployment. I am so stressed about not getting a job, but also stressed about getting a job. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about a year-and-a-half ago and I know that going back to work will cause severe Fibro flare-ups. I really would benefit from a class like this to help me to not stress as much (that also causes Fibro flare-ups) and to help me have some better self-care tools to use in my journey to healing from past traumas. This would help me so much both emotionally and physically.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Christine what a fabulous course. One problem - I am due for surgery on the 1st (if it goes ahead, it has been rescheduled 4 times so far... and that is a story in itself) so would not be able to participate. I am living with a chronically sick DH and find myself having to shoulder most of the responsibility, and this would be wonderful to relax with.
Never mind, having read so many of the other comments, my needs do not seem that big.
So good to see you will be 'home' and moving soon - it's been a long haul for you.
Blessings
Maxine

craftmomdawn said...

I would love to take this class because I need to start making "me" time again. I always have such a full plate between the kids, church, house, family, and all the others volunteer spots I fulfill and I just forget to think about me. I am wore down most days and I would just like to be able to rejuvenate, relax, find my inner peace and just let all this extra drama in my life right now go.

I think though if I won, I'd give it to my dear friend who is really struggling and puts everyones needs before her own. Her siblings always have some drama going on that my friend takes on to solve, her mom has cancer and really is not doing well AT all and my dear friend puts everyone before herself. So I'd give her my spot AND I'd buy a spot to be able to do this together.
Thank you!!

Ann said...

I think I might be just the candidate for this, too much on my schedule but so in need of a way to find a little peace in my days. I would probably gift it to my mom though, she is a Brave Girl just waiting to happen. She sees the way the support of this tribe has helped me and longs for the same kind of nurturing and support in her life. Thanks for hosting this Christine!

Jennifer said...

I really want to take this class because I love how they have it set up to do creative fun projects that are portable! I want to be able to do simple projects anywhere that I can use to reconnect with myself!

Unknown said...

Why do I need this class? Because i don't know which direction to go. I have so much happening right now and I'm feeling like I'm in a dizzying tail-spin. I need focus. To focus on what's important and ditch all the other junk!

Cassie MewBuorn said...

This online class sounds like the “something” I have definitely been looking for to get me motivated and jump start some positive and creative energy! I have been into art journaling for a few years and find the process to be so fun and therapeutic (It has been especially helpful in dealing with the chronic pain of Fibromyalgia!) I also believe this would be a great chance to share talents and learn from other fellow “brave girls” I have been a fan of how empowering this group is and would love to be a part of spreading the positivity and creativity! Thank you xo

Melanie said...

I have learned so much through other Brave Girls classes. I am looking forward to learning more about myself and taking care of myself. Thanks for the chance to enter!

Anonymous said...

I think that this would help me tremendously through the holidays season that is coming up, and will be so difficult. Trying to pull myself out of the waiting room of grief... and take care of myself.

LucindaM said...

I'm intrigued by soul care and the idea of soul comfort because it sounds like taking care of myself at a deep level. Having a course to participate in would help ensure I set aside time for doing that.

Suz said...

I'm a huge fan of Brave Girls. Melody is such an effective teacher bringing the topics/curriculum to life so it soaks into your soul and heart. The art seems to concrete the things we learn in amazing way

Suzanne said...

I love that I have this opportunity to win. For me soul comfort, sounds heavenly and a place that I'd love to learn how to embrace. I have a young adult son who has autism and he's at the stage in his life where he's out of school and needs me to make sure he gets what he needs to create an enriched life for him and I'm at the stage of my life where I would love to have more freedom, peace and comfort in the midst of role that I continue to have and the support I need to keep giving him. Thank you.

Unknown said...

I would love to win this class - I work 40-50 hrs. a week and need to do something for me - these classes are always the perfect winter treats for myself - relaxing and motivating.

Unknown said...

We as women have a difficult time with self care because we are naturally the nurturers. We take care of everyone else but ourselves and even feel guilty when taking time and doing something for ourselves. We end up finding ourselves lost, tired and depleted, unable to give our best to ourselves and those we love. So taking this course would help me in getting down to the “soul comfort” of nurturing my own soul. I’m hoping this course can bring a calmness and peace that is so desired in my life.

Unknown said...

Taking a deep breath, cozying down and learning some fun, relaxing techniques sounds heavenly. True soul comfort. Thank you so much for the chance!

Anonymous said...

I would love to win a place in the soul comfort course because this year has been my year of fun, and Im discovering new techniques and new art teachers, and I always seem to miss out money wise when Its time to sign up for a Melody class. My ultimate dream/ goal would be to save the money and come to the States to do a big girls boot camp.

Scrappin' Stacy said...

I would love to win a place in the class because I love the brave girls message and would love to learn some new techniques. I also love the idea of nurturing the soul and would really like to try to do this better.

embellishstudios said...

This looks like an amazing course! I could really use some ideas of how to take care of myself. What a funny idea, that we need to take a class in order to learn how to take care of ourselves.... thank you for this chance!

Donna said...

I think this would help me to learn how to take time out for ME!!! Being a SAHM of 3, coming and going all the time, I find it hard to set time aside to "regroup" my soul!!!

Thank you!!

Mary C. Nasser said...

I think what I would get most out of this class is a sense of peace during the busy holiday season.
Thank you so much for the chance to win. :)

Unknown said...

This class would be therapeutic for even the most healthiest. I would love the healing but even more the inspiration! To all of you the best of luck!

Stef H said...

to me... you are definitely one BRAVE GIRL!!!! how fun is this?

i guess we can be thankful that if we don't get to posting on blogger we can communicate on facebook! i wish blogger would leave well enough alone!

hugs sunshine!

to the moon and back said...

I would love to take this class because ----I do love to care for others and I know that it can be draining and in order to give my best to others--- I need to give my best to myself - and the best place for that is the security and joy found in my time of seeking and reassurance found in comfort with my soul!

Anonymous said...

I have come a long ways in my grief journey but recognize i have more miles to walk..i need to learn to be good to myself and this could be the vehicle to help me achieve that destination!

Adelhaid said...

I think what I'd most like about this class is the simple. I've spent most of the last decade slowly losing myself and I've only recently realized that it was happening. The idea of reconnecting with myself seems too daunting most days.

Warrier Girl said...

I have suffered the most traumatic loss a mother can ever experience, and although it has been 22 years since I buried my son, Jeffrey, some years are just harder than others. As was the case this year. Friday, September 13th marked 22 years since he took his own life. Most of the time I am happy, having found joy again in spite of this loss, but I long for the "soul comfort" that seems so elusive at times.

Pam said...

The class looks like such a great experience. More than just art--a way to get in touch with what's important deep down.
Thanks for a chance to win!

Flower-Girl said...

I know this will be a great class - I think the lessons combined with the thoughtful art would help me two-fold. First, I could start my home-crafted Christmas gifts and secondly take some time to work with different mediums than I currently do to create soulful gifts for my family and friends. Thank you so much for the chance to win.

Creative Soul Juice - Hobby Parent said...

Get some rest, Christine. Even the best of bloggers get caught up in the fixing of the code and it doesn't always cooperate. But as to the giveaway... would love to connect with other souls who seek comfort for their souls. A comforted soul is an expansive soul, one who has more than enough reserves for self and others. Best of luck to everyone from <a href="http://www.creativesouljuice.com>Creative Soul Juice</a> ~Hobby

Anonymous said...

My 42nd Birthday is coming up and I know I am meant to take this class! I have spent every night for the last year and a half stone drunk! After an online meditation course, I realized I deserved more, and sober is better! Soon after I found Brave Girls and now info about this class! I would be honored to participate with you!!

craftmomdawn said...

As a mom that tries to keep my kids happy, I occupy my day volunteering in school for them, active with church and the many projects I take on there, try and keep up with my house, when is there time for me? As a mom and wife I struggle with not having guilt when I want to sit down for 10 minutes, if I want to go shopping alone, if I want to read in peace. Soul comfort? What is soul comfort? Its finding my inner peace to learn to relax, learn its okay to take time for me, sit back and smell the roses, its ok too.

Unknown said...

I am so full of joy and gratitude for the Brave Girls group. Would love to expand that joy and embrace my soul - during hectic, stress-packed days. LOVE the message and awe-inspiring materials and messages their classes send. Opens up my heart - that is why I'd love to win! Thank you for hosting this give away too! You play an important role in spreading the yummy inspiring goodness of Brave Girls Club! Kim - kimmer2525@yahoo.com

Tiffany said...

Thank you for hosting!
I hope to gain a better understanding of what comforts my soul, and to participate with a community of women who won't make me feel like I need to do more and more to be "enough".

Joyce ( Gingerbread Girl) said...

The pumpkin is at the top of a very steep hill and is getting ready to roll down. The speed picks up and it starts to sprout feathers and gobble. Then... as quick as lightening before my eyes it is racing down and... has turned red trimmed in white fur! I so desire to slow down. I would like to take this class to soothe my soul, and find peace and solace through the upcoming holiday months... and beyond.

kathARTic Studio said...

I am just beginning a new, scary, exciting, stressful and sometimes sad phase of my life. Creating a spot of peace within that I can stop and visit as often as I need to adjust my frame of mind is key right now. Thank you for the opportunity to do just that.

Unknown said...

Hi and thanks for this opportunity! I have a lot I would get out of this class! I have had a difficult road with this summer being super tough. I have depression, anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder from years of childhood abuse and everything got so bad this year that this summer I had to go into a trauma treatment centre for 12 weeks. It was very hard work but I made it through. I learned a lot and tried very hard. The transition home has been tough with not having as much support as I did in the hospital. But I have been trying to use my skills to cope the best I can and even joined an exercise group to help get me out of the house. I think that this soul comfort group would help me SO much by continuing to transfer the skills I learned in the hospital, help me learn to self care which is something very foreign to me, learn some fun skills like art therapy, and learn to really connect to myself. I think I would learn a lot about myself. I am also very committed and I would see this course all the way to the end and use the skills I learn from it in my therapy work with my counsellor. Thank you!! Autumne_horan@hotmail.com

Heartwideopen said...

When I think of Soul Comfort, I think of that moment when I feel loved, protected, and at peace. Peace is seriously lacking right now. I would want to take this class to learn how to find a place of peace and rest among all the turmoil around me. Thank you for this opportunity to take this class. Winning this class would be the only way I could take it right now. I love the emails I get from BRAVE GIRLS. They are often a ray of light in the grey or dark.

ARTA said...

My primary focus in life is to raise healthy, happy, strong and independent daughters. Over the past year, I have made a bit of progress in taking better care of myself and my daughters have noticed. One of the ways I have done this is by creating more often. It calms me and takes my mind off an incredibly stressful life situation our family is currently experiencing. Fall/Winder is very busy for our family - mixed in with the regular holidays are my wedding anniversary and both of my daughters' birthdays. This year will be especially difficult for us financially. I would like to take this class because I know I will need all the help I can get to make it through the final months of this year. Thank you for the opportunity to win a spot in the Soul Comfort class!!

Carroll said...

i would love to take this class! i've been living in a temporary space, & there is nowhere to have a "studio", which i miss. i've also been battling hip pain & am waiting to see a specialist--i could use a little "soul comfort." happy almost birthday to you!

Delan'sDesign said...

When I think of Soul Comfort, I realize that it has only been in terms of something that someone else needed and that it was my job to provide it to them. As an Oncology Nurse I have always seen the need to provide to my patients and families comfort in the most devastating times of their diagnosis, treatment and other heartbreaking times they struggle with.
I have recently lost my job of 20 years and I feel so lost...so broken and unsure of what to do now. I have realized with the help of very special friends in my life and Brave Girl Sisters I have met that what I really need is Soul Comfort of my own. I have given enough for, fed enough souls for now without having my soul fed.
It is the time right now for me to feed my soul before I can journey on to what it is meant for me next. Thank you Christine for providing this opportunity to those that need it most....good luck Braves and hope to meet you in Soul Comfort. Denise

Annabanana said...

About 5 years ago I hit menopause in my mid 40s with a kindergartner. I've lost my balance, my center, my spirit. I know this class can get me back on track and help me find where my next 50 years will take me. I hope I win!

Craftingcaren said...

I would love to learn how to art journal. It's sounds very relaxing and would help me take time for myself!

shazza said...

Christine, Thanks for having the giveaway. Theres so many deserving women in the comments It must be really hard to pick someone. I am the same as everyone else. I suffer from severe chronic pain & fatigue & depression adds to that every now & then when things get too much. My mind is constantly going & Ive never been able to stop it except sometimes while Im doing art. I feel sorry for the Kids on the schoolbus I drive (very short run or I wouldnt be doing it, lol) as the minute someone talks to me or im thinking of something I forget to drop them off, lol. Theyve learnt to just call my name if it looks like my brains not working. Im in a constant fog all the time. Its frustrating when I know there must be a way to get well but Drs arent interested in helping. Im physically, mentally & emotionally spent. The other day I had an overwhelming feeling of "Whats life for" What are we here for? I dont even know where that came from but i felt like were all a bunch of ants running around doing all the things we need to do, but what for... It was a weird feeling I think every single person could benefit from a course like this, everyone is so deserving, giving so much throughout our lives we all need to learn how to nuture ourselves & provide ourselves with soul comfort, to take things easier, gentler. To get towards inner peace even for that short second or two. Good luck to everyone of these ladies & thanks to you & Brave Girls for the chance to win a spot on the course. Such a wonderful opportunity