Saturday, July 24, 2010

Grungy Roses

I’ve been dying to try the grungy roses that Tim Holtz made for his 12 Tags of Christmas but just never got around to it…until this week.  100_7387My friend, Linda, brought a cigar box over when we had our stamping party so I decided to make a box for my sister.  She has redone her bedroom in plum colors (which I love) so I wanted to  make something to put her favorite jewelry pieces in.  100_7382 She does so much for me so it’s just a bit of a thank you gift and a card to go with it.

I used a lot of Mod Podge on everything.  I colored the grunge paper roses with acrylic paints and then Mod Podge.  I wanted to give them kind of a porcelain look but I’m not sure I achieved it.  I added some Vintaj hardware to the corners and some wooden feet.  I painted some pieces from the stamp and then painted a couple of coats of Mod Podge on them.  I attached them to the box with some wire wrapped around a paint brush so they are kind of springy.  I sprayed the whole thing with a clear spray paint to seal it.  I left the inside natural.  I sure hope my sister likes it!!!

By the way, I LOVE the grunge paper roses and will be making a whole lot more of them!!!  They’re a little time consuming but I think they’ll get easier with practice.

That’s it for tonight!  I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday!

Blessings,

Christine

Deets:  The image is Inkadinkado, the cardstock is Coore’dinations and I made some crinkly seam binding with watercolor and a little bit of glue.

Challenges:
Charisma Cardz-Anything but square
Stamp Something-Flowery

6 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Arent those roses fun! gorgeous box for your sister. I'm sure she will Love it all!

Anonymous said...

I love grungey roses too! I have to check those out!
Thank you for your 'Pink Inspiration'.

Jan Hennings said...

love the cigar bax and the roses are amazing!

Kim. said...

Christine this is beautiful, I love the roses and I am sure your sister will love this special box.
Kim xXx

Terry said...

Your roses are fantastic and your sister will be doing the happy dance. I have tried for the longest time to find a cigar box with no luck! Your box is gorgeous!!!

Lisa said...

Very cool project! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!