Each day at Brave Girl Camp, Melody would share some of the trials in her life with the group and send us off with some suggestions for creating art. On the first day, she gave us a list of “truths” and had us think of a “truth teller.” A truth teller can be anyone you want, a higher being, a close friend/relative whether in this world or not. You don’t actually go talk to them about the truth (unless you want to) but you think of what that person would honestly tell you! I’m not going to share who my truth teller is, it’s very personal.
Over the next few days, I will share some of the artwork that I did, and will be doing, to learn and work through my truths. She also provided a couple of chipboard books for us to use on our journey. The first one was to be used for our truth book. Another thing in our folder was a list of “Dear Christine” statements typed out to use in our truth book.
On the first day, I sat down and read through the first page of truths that Melody had provided, cutting out a few that had meaning to me. As I was putting the pages back into my folder, I noticed the top truth on the second page and new that would be the one I would use to create my first truth card. They had everything that we need to use on our creations. Of course all of you know that I love everything from the mid-century and these beautiful vintage sewing items drew me in.
Dear Christine: It is worth the work to mend it and it is absolutely possible…work towards it, today.
(I’m not really going to get into each of the truths with you. It is very personal and some of you may or may not understand the process. If you would like more about the process, please email me (you can find my email in my profile). As Melody and Kathy told us at camp, they are trying to change the world one Brave Girl at a time. So let’s spread the truth and make even more Brave Girls. It was an experience that has changed my life and I will never forget.)
I added some hook and eyes, faux stitching, fluffy flower made from pattern paper, a dictionary definition of mend, MS punch butterflies, Papertrey Ink buttons, a piece of lace sprayed with Glimmer Mist (they had dozens of bottles!) and some GCD Melody Ross word strips. I love word strips to fill in little areas that seem to need a little something!
Thanks for looking at my Brave Girl artwork. I’ll share more later.
Blessings,
Christine
7 comments:
Christine,
A beautiful page indeed! I'm happy this experience was so meaningful to you :)
Welcome home, Brave Girl! What gorgeous art, and such a beautiful photo of you. You look truly happy!
It sounds like you had an incredible eye opening adventure. Looking at your beautiful art, made me think about when I was young and learning to sew. My Mom taught me and I remember those hook and eyes! So much of those items I gave away and now I wish I had them. It would be memories, but then memories are found in picutures and events, not so much sewing things! Have a great night!
Christine, you look so happy! the perfect page with all the sewing notions. You must bring them for show and tell for our play day!
I'm reading! Can't wait for more.
Wow what an experience, I'm sure there were many ups and downs along the way and a very impressive page to show.
Kim xXx
It turned out so nice!
Post a Comment