While I was working on my plum box this week, I had a lot of other things going on and going through my head. This was one of them. I have had this die for awhile but hadn’t had a chance to use it yet so I definitely wanted to give it a try! Since an uncaged bird is one of the symbols of Brave Girls, I used some of the sentiments from the Melody Ross Brave Girls set from Unity. Speaking of Melody and Unity, she has designed some other sets that will be unveiled at CHA. I saw a couple of them on Facebook and I’ll need to save my pennies so I can get them all when they come out! There is even a set with cowboy boots! Melody collects cowboy boots; she says they make her brave!
So that’s my card for Monday morning! Next, I’ll be working on my McMahon Five Designs project for Wednesday but I’ll probably have more to share before then! After that, I will be working on something that I wasn’t able to finish at Brave Girls Camp. It will be one of those projects that you work on for a little while and then wait for it to dry, and work on and wait, and work on and wait…. You never know what I’ll be coming up with in the meantime!
I hope you have a great Monday! I put a Will Rogers quote on my Facebook today that I thought I would share here:
“If you want to be successful, it is just this simple:
Know what you're doing. Love what you're doing. And believe in what you're doing.”
Blessings,
Christine
Deets:
Medium-acrylic paint, Copics, Distress Inks; Sentiment-Unity; Paper-Tim Holtz; Cuttlebug-Tim Holtz die; Other from stash-buttons, flat back pearls colored with Copics.
Challenges:
Created by Hand--Looking in…looking out and use dies
Design Dollies--Inspiration--Vintage movie (The Bird Man from Alcatraz)
Etsy Inspired--
Scrap the Art-- (colors)
14 comments:
beautiful piece of art! I went to a SB store to get this die and they were sold out! Have to wait :)
Your card is amazing!
i like your collage and use of dies.
thanks for sharing
This is a beautiful card, love the die cut and it workd brilliantly with the papers and your sentiments.
Kim xXx
So glad you pulled out this die, which is one of my favorites! Love how you used it - Awesome!
I LOVE that branch you put for the bird to sit on! SO CLEVER!! Great use of dies--and those buttons are super fun! Thanks for playing along with us at EtsyInspired!!
i absolutely love this!!!! everything about it is fabulous!!!
hugs :)
Love your collage and all the elements. The birdcage turned out beautifully
Thanks for joining us on Created By Hand.
Awesomely beautiful, Christine! Love this style from you! Brave Girls definitely inspired you!
Thanks for the link to the brave girls site ... love the symbolism of the uncaged bird ... fabulous inspired card.
Wow, WOW oh wow! The birdcage layered on the clocks is PERFECT!! I love the soft, neutrals colors that you used in this card and the little birdy is SUPER cute!
Thanks for playing EIC!
What a work of art! Love this beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!
What an absolutely beautiful creation. I love the colors that you've used. Thank you for joining us at Scrap the Art. :), Vanessa
absolutely fantastic piece, Christine! i love the vintage feel, and the elements are absolutely gorgeous. thanks for joining the Dollies! hope you'll be back again soon!
I absolutely love this card!
Post a Comment