Monday, July 12, 2010

A Week Late but Not a Dollar Short

Do you remember me telling you that I would post pictures of our trip to Ogden to see the horses on the 4th of July?  I wanted to make sure that I had everything done for Brave Girls camp before I started editing the photos.  All I have left to do now, is to figure out what I want to where and pack.  Yay!!

First off, I took the photos of this horse just for Stef, you know, Glitterbabe!  She has bling incorporated in her mane.  glitterbabe And look at those kicks!!! glitterbabe kicks

I said that I was going to show you a photo of me on a flag horse.  They had several horses with flags but this rodeo one was my fave.  rodeo The horses were a little to big to crawl up on though.  When I lived in Nebraska, a rodeo in town (or even close by) was always a must see, so this was a favorite horse!  Although it didn’t have any Wrangler cowboy butts.

This, of course, was another fave!  trisha candy Trisha is pointing to her favorite, Reese's Peanut Butter cups…alice candy and Alice’s fave Twizzlers.  Rose took a photo of me pointing at my fave Hershey chocolate bar but it’s still in her camera!

I couldn’t resist a photo of this ice cream…spumoni pony Spumoni Pony.

And how about this beautiful American Paint horse.  It took me a minute to realize what image the horses spots formed.  american paint Do you see it?  See Alaska on his neck, Hawaii on his front leg and the US Virgin Islands on the back leg.  I think Trisha was trying to crawl underneath!

This was one of my very favorite.  rose and trisha flowers Don’t you just love all those flowers!!!  Rose and Trisha are trying to hold him down for me.  Speaking of him, Rose pointed out that there were girl and boy horses.  I don’t know if I would have really noticed except…impressionist all of the horses that were raring up, were boys.  I took a side picture so you can use your imagination!  This was my favorite horse.  The photo doesn’t do it justice but it’s an impressionistic painting of a Utah mountain scene.  You can see the snowy mountain under his shoulder with the pine trees under that and on his bum.  It was beautiful and definitely the most artistic!

They have a few fun statues around Ogden as well.  baby ice cream This little guy, who had dropped the ice cream off his cone, was sitting outside an ice cream shop but it was closed so we didn’t get any ice cream!

 family love And I couldn’t resist taking a picture of my family on the bench next to these little kids.

There were so many beautiful horses  but these were my favorites!  I hope you enjoyed.

I have a McMahon Five Designs post scheduled for Wednesday but you won’t be hearing from me again until Sunday!  I know you won’t be having as good of a week that I will be having at Brave Girls camp, but I do hope that you have a good one!!!!

Blessings,

Christine

6 comments:

Terry said...

Talk about a painted pony! Those are lovely and thanks for sharing! My favorite is the first horse! All are incredible!

Stef H said...

oh yeah! those kicks are da bomb!!!! all these horses are gorgeous!!! we had something similar here in illinois but they were jaguars! boy were they gorgeous too. i love all of these and i'm soooo glad you shared. how fabulous!!!

and you look marvelous!!!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Wow, these photos are amazing! I've never seen anything like these gorgeous horses.

You must be so excited for Brave Girls camp!!! I hope you have the time of your life. ♥

Jan Hennings said...

WOW! Gorgeous photo's and yes..the bling reminds me of Stef!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow, Those are soooooo cool!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wonderful pics ! It looks like you had a wonderful time with that herd of horses!