I’ve been working on a few more Brave Girl projects lately and have one to share with you tonight!!! (In case anyone is counting, this is going to count as my Sunday post!)
This is something that I must constantly remind myself.
I’m entering this into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge and the Compendium of Curiosities challenge with Linda. I used, October Afternoon paper, a MS butterfly punch, GCD Studio chipboard butterfly, KaiserCraft pearls (colored Copics) some vintage seam binding (flower) and lots of acrylic paint and Mod Podge!
I can famously put off things that are a little too hard to do, or might be scary, even though I know that it is something that I must do. I made this canvas to remind me that it is time! Don’t put it off another minute!!! Maybe it will help with this hanging on my wall to see everyday.
I have been working on it. Today, not only did I make this piece, but I emptied the dresser in my bedroom and then had my sister help me carry the dresser out on the deck. I bought the dresser several years ago with the intention of refinishing it. Like many things around my home, I buy them with an intention and since I didn’t have the strength and health to do them, they remained undone. I’m really trying to turn that around.
So, I’m refinishing my bedroom dresser and moving it into the living room temporarily. I will then move one of the dressers in my studio onto the deck, do some painting in my studio and then moving the newly refinished dresser into the studio. Phew!!!! I want to get all this done THIS WEEK. After that, I will still have one dresser on the deck, right. I’ll refinish that one and move it into the bedroom. The second dresser is much bigger than the first one so I want to switch places. I need more space in the bedroom to get organized.
So that’s my week in a nutshell!!! It’s very ambitious for me but I know that I can get it done. And during rest breaks, I need to gather and assemble 27 alphabet pages using the letter “V.” I’m in an alphabet book swap. It has been fun to plan my page using things that begin with the letter V. The pages should be in a vintage kinda’ theme. I found a digi stamp (thanks TLC) of a violet flower fairy that is perfect for the front of the card. There are a ton of details involved but I think I have it all figured out. I’m going to make one copy of each side and then take it to a copy center for the 27 copies of each side. Then I’m going to glue the pages together with a glue stick and add the details. I hope everybody likes it. I have made everything in the color violet (with a little green). What I haven’t figured out how to do is add the color vermillion. I know that a bright orange is the complementary color to violet and I really want to add it.
Okay, enough about my upcoming week. I hope you’ve got a good one planned as well!!!
Now, be sure to leave a comment since all comments left until September 23 will count towards an entry into my candy. And please, send your friends over, the more individual entered in the giveaway, the more items I will be giving away. How does that sound! Yay!!!
Blessings,
Christine
8 comments:
oh my goodnesss Christine you are being very ambitious this week. It makes me tired just thinking of it all and I paint for a living. LOL
But what great rewards when its done a new look with lots of storage. Enjoy creating!! in all you do!
hugs Lynn
What a fab piece loving it :))
You've inspired me to get somethings done this week!!! and what a WONDERFUL piece!
thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!
I would be embarrassed to admit to how many unfinished or want to do projects I have! Love your challenges piece! I think many of us did a double piece! Have a great one!
Wow, Christine, want to lend me some of your ambition? Good for you, getting so much accomplished! And beautiful job on this sweet card, too. The sentiment is SO perfect, and the design is lovely. Your chipped enamel butterfly is gorgeous and works great with the clock. And that rose! Stunning!
I love how you work your special butterflies into so many of your art pieces. It's a powerful symbol and it suits you so well. :-)
Oh my goodness you certainly are being ambitious with all this in one week but I sure you hope achieve it. Love the 'time' plaque it is a great reminder not to put off.
Kim xXx
Yay!!! I love redoing things. Love the canvas. Hope you are having a wonderful week. Can't wait to see the dresser.
This is so wonderful...love it.
Post a Comment