Sunday, January 23, 2011

Missing but Busy

Sorry I haven’t been on the blog much lately, plus not visiting as much.  However, I’ve really been busy in my studio.

First of all, I bought myself a new camera for Christmas and when I received the confirmation page, it said that it was on backorder until February.  Well, it came yesterday and I’ve been taking pictures of EVERYTHING around my studio including…

chloe camera practice

my Chloe!!!  Isn’t she sweet!  I have to watch her around my sister because she want’s to take her to the orthodontist to get her teeth fixed!

A few weeks ago, I outlined my schedule for the first several weeks of 2011.  I have mostly been working on Brave Girls Soul Restoration class and Art Journaling Everyday.  I have been working on my art journals each day and I’ll share some of that with you in the next few days.

So, we’re nearing the end of the second week of Soul Restoration and I want to share some of the projects with you.  Some of them are very personal and I don’t plan to share them on the blog.  I have purposely made many of these photos small because the are very personal and contain a lot of raw emotion.

Our first assignment was to make a book cover and title page for our Soul Restoration book.

closed for restoration cover

I love the Oregon Coast and it’s my favorite place to vacation.  It recharges my batteries!!!  I found a photo on a realtor site for a beach cottage.  (I want to own this house if anyone would like to give me $295,000-1bdr-yikes!)  I used the cracked photo technique (with UTEE) to make it look like an old postcard.  I forgot to put the postmark on it before I embossed it. Confused smile

I made the album cover with duck cloth canvas and then colored it like sky and sand with watercolor paints—back and front.  I don’t like the ribbon I used so I’ll be changing that out with some crinkled rayon seam binding in tan colors.  Then, when the book is finished, I’ll add some more crinkled ribbon in blues and tans to the rings.

 

close for restoration title pageThis is the title page for the book.  I’m not going to get into much of the meanings behind these out of respect for Melody Ross and all the work that she and the rest of the Brave Girls Club staff put into this class.

 

my soul houseMore pages in my Soul Restoration book.  (DP is from Melody Ross’ paper by GCD that is now available at Paper Maniac.  Love this stuff!)

 

truth tellerThe principle of a truthteller is a big part of Soul Restoration.  A truthteller is a very private decision that must be made before the Soul Restoration process can be completed.

 

time line 1-40We only had one main project for week two—our timeline.  time line 40-80Since I’m over 40, my timeline went onto the second side.  Can you see the three small manila pages in there.  I’ve reserved those for actual photos from those periods of time.  I’ll probably be adding bits and pieces to these in the next few days.  I already see something that I left of.  I want to put a chipboard heart at the time point where I received my transplant.

Thanks for taking a look! 

 

I’ve been working on a project that I will be giving away at the One World One Heart blog event.  I’ve got everything done but the embellishing—the fun part!!!

I’ve got a few images colored and ready to make into cards so I’m hoping to get a few of those done soon.  Tomorrow I’ll have another new M5D image from Thursday.  That’s the first thing on my list for tomorrow!

Plus, in a few days I’ll be back with some things from my art journals.

Have a beautiful Sunday please!  After what seems like weeks and weeks of rain, we will be having sunny weather in the 40s!  Yay-maybe things will dry out a bit!  My lawn is so soggy you  can see my footprints when I walk across!!!

Blessings,

Christine

7 comments:

Stef H said...

holy moly christine! this is awesome! your creative talent shines in this. total WOW factor here. i'll bet you're feeling fabulous too! thank you soooooo much for sharing this beauty.

hugs :)

Jan Hennings said...

Chloe is so sweet :) Great projects and love the album with the cracked photo :)

Peggy Parker said...

Love the "restore" project - perhaps I should work on one of those....but I am planning a mini book "wonderful life" for my sister who is going through cancer therapy. Can't wait to use some of what you send along!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow Christine, you have been a busy gal, you put me to shame! Your book looks awesome and the timeline, I've never seen one before, Great idea.
Say Hi to Chloe for me!
hugs Lynn

Larisa said...

Very sweet work))) Love the papers are so bright.

Kristine said...

OH WOW!! Love this project Christine!! That's some serious heart art there and tells a story. A treasure for keeps--lovely job!!

Laurie said...

I'm working on my OWOH gifts, too, today! I really love your project -- it's amazing! What a lot of thought has gone into it!