Thursday, July 28, 2011

What I’ve Been Up to Lately

I have been creating a lot lately.  My sister, Rose, was here for over a week.  She went home last Friday but we did so many things while she was here. 

When my mom and sisters used to get together, it usually revolved around shopping.  Every once in a while someone would suggest something different like a drive in the mountains to a place we would go as children.

But lately, when we get together we make art!  It has been so much fun!!!  One day my mom and Rose came over.  I had set up everything outside on the deck and helped them in making some collage art.  This is a new type of art for them.

Another day, we all met up with at my mom’s including my niece, Alicia and of course her bee-bee, Landon.  We all painted faces following along with Willowing’s Art, Heart and Healing.  This is the third face that I have painted following along with lesson 1.  (I’ll share those when my girls get some hair!)  I think it’s now time to move on to lesson 2.  I'm going to have my mom over so that we can work on lesson 2.

Anyway, today I’m sharing an art journal page I did while following along with The Greeting Farm’s He-Art Journal classes.

week 1 wingsI used Tim Holtz Sizzix die for all the hearts.

The theme this week was wings.  The page says “Spr(e)ad Your Wings and Fly to where your heart tells you.”  (Yes there is a spelling error.)  This has special meaning for me because I have recently started volunteering with our Organ Donation Registry, “Yes Idaho”.  I can’t wait for our first project.

I also had the great privilege of getting together with some wonderful women, the Design Divas.  They are a group of local women that get together once a month.  Each month, one of the members is responsible for putting together a project for everyone to make.  I’m kind of a slow crafter so I didn’t get mine done but I work on it a bit while waiting on other projects.  I can’t wait to share that one.  I’m hoping that they will invite me to join them again.  I love sitting around with people who love to create as much as I do!

I have so many things to share with you.  I’m going to try really hard to get on here and post a little more often.

Blessings,

Christine

3 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

I'm glad you got to spend some time with your sister...how fun to sit and create art together! Love the hearts with the wings..I may need to get that die :)

kiwimeskreations said...

How wonderful to have family to craft with :-)sounds as though you have had a ball - love your art work too.
Blessings
Maxine

coldwaters2 said...

It sounds so lovely crafting with your family Christine and everyone enjoying themselves, this page is absolutely gorgeous those wings and hearts as well as the colours look superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x