As most people do this time of year, I’ve thought a lot about 2011 (do you say 2 thousand 11 or twenty eleven) and the things I have accomplished and then looking forward to 2012.
I started out the year with a bang, accomplishing a lot in my studio. Here are a few of my fave projects!
I’m just in love with this little butterfly girl and those Prima papers!
I love me some of The Greeting Farm stamps. They are so much fun to color!
I took Christy Tomlinson’s She Art Workshop and loved my first attempt at one of her girls!
I took Soul Restoration I (twice) and Soul Restoration II (which I haven’t finished yet and intend to repeat in 2012). This is my art journal cover from SR2 that also includes a She Art Girl that I made to look like me. I love the colors, words and texture in this one. If you could see it in person, there are so many little hidden treasures with meaning to me in the background.
This is a canvas I made just for me and it includes a quote from Brave Girls Club. It says, “You are just right exactly as you are.” I met up when some friends to take them to the airport after they returned from Brave Girls Camp. A few of the campers accompanied us for lunch. I had this canvas in the car with me and one of the ladies wanted to buy it. Of course, I couldn’t sell it to her. I told her to just pickup my lunch and it was hers!!! The quote had special meaning for her!
I learned all about Suzi Blu in late 2010 and this year I purchased some of her Unity Stamps. This is just one of them that I got. Suzi is now working with another stamp company and I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next year! I’m also registered for Suzi Blu’s art journaling class but have not started it yet.
I also did some art journaling and some canvases that I haven’t photoed. Maybe I’ll share some of that with you next year!
Next, I’m going to talk about the things that I want to do next year! I did this at the end of 2010 and then again about half way through the year. I got some of the things done but didn’t accomplish nearly as much as I wanted to. I kind of lost my motivation as the year went on. I plan to get myself out of that slump and get on the creative path again!!!
Blessings,
Christine
6 comments:
i love the "girls". wow!
everything you do is totally WOW so it's a joy to see what you THINK is your favs.
i wish you a truly blessed new year, filled with many happy blessings. you are certainly a blessing to me.
hugs :)
Your creations are always wonderful! Love the story behind the canvas and the quote from Brave Girls Club! Can't wait to see what you do in "2012" and I know it will be amazing!
I think I am one (of many) of your biggest fans- I love your eye for color and your details on your projects. Oh that canvas is so pretty and I saw your canvas and plan to take the She girl class in 2012.....I think it is still available- taking her color class now..... It has been such a delight to meet you and see your work at M5D. Here's to 2012!!!
I've so enjoyed watching you branch out as an artist. Great stuff! Happy New Year to you, Christine.
Wishing you a wonderful New Year and hoping all your dreams come true in 2012!
Some awesome projects Christine. You really did accomplish a lot.
Wishing you a Wonderful 2012!
HUGS lYNN
Post a Comment