Thursday, February 26, 2009

They Don't Always Turn Out Like You Think


I made this card for for the Sketch Saturday challenge but I don't think I will submit it, yet.

I got this stamp a couple of months ago and decided I need to make a card with it today. I used to own a red VW Bus. It was actually orange because the paint was so oxidized. I was trying to go for a hippi/flower power thing. Everything was going well with this card until I got to the flowers. There are blue, green and yellow flowers in the brown print paper, but the flowers I made don't seem to go. I guess there isn't enough of the colors in the brown paper.

Next time I go to Archivers, I'll take this card and probably get some shades of red. That will look better. I think I'll go tomorrow 'cause I have a coupon that expires at the end of the month for 5 sheets of free cardstock. I can get the colors I want for free -- Yay!!!! And then I can submit it for the challenge.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi Christine,

Love the VW Bug, always wanted one, but never got one. If you update your card, please show the before and after. I have a few that I've made that didn't turn out like I pictured it, so any visual ideas on how to spruce up some of my stuff would be great.
I tried to find the link to the Flutter By Wednesday challenge, but couldn't find the area to submit cards.
Kel