Thursday, February 19, 2009

Who's a Lazy Susan


Cupcake Challenge #27 is to alter something. I've been wanting to do this for some time so I thought this was as godd a t ime as any. I got the idea from a show I saw when I was in Utah over a year ago on Studio 5 -- KSL.



This is how it looks with all my stuff in it. The base is an old style Rubbermaid lazy susan that I got at the thrift store. Soup cans around the outside and a Pepperidge Farm Pirouette cookie tin. I covered everything with Basic Grey Two Scoops (I love that paper) and the stickers that came with the kit. I'm not sure if I'm completely done with it. I also have some Two Scoops buttons. I think maybe it's something that will be a work in progress for awhile.

8 comments:

Marianne said...

You are so clever! What a fun idea!

Jacilynn said...

This is so great! I love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I noticed we live in the same town. How cool.
Jacilynn

craft mad Jenny said...

wow this is great - what a fab idea!! i'd love one on my desk!

Donna said...

Wow this is fantastic and such a great keepsake, thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week :) Donna x

Kelly said...

Christine,
I stopped by to look at your Cupcake Craft challenge item and ended up staying for a while. Your Lazy Susan is great, however, it was your dog, cat and inspirational words that really caught my eye. I read your profile and we seem to have a few things in common, your likes are very similar to mine (also in no specific order) I see you are in Idaho, I have some dear friends in Boise, Shoshone and Twin Falls. I'm a Nebraska gal myself, but have been to Idaho a few times. You have a great blog and some really interesting quotes. I enjoyed my brief stop on your blog.

Kelly said...

Hi Christine,
Yes I know the Dundee area well. I went to school at Omaha Benson which is just North of Dundee. There was a Baskin Robins on 50th and Underwood and my dad would treat us to ice cream there once in a while. I came from a large family so special treats like that were few and far between. But my parents always made them special.
I learned how to make paper from a couple of web sites, here's a link to one of them http://www.flickr.com/photos/bzedan/sets/967347/
If you do a google search for making paper you'll find a video tutorial. I would send you the link but I'm at work and it is blocked by our filter.
Feel free to email me directly at
kelkubi@gmail.com

Kel

Kelly said...

Christine,
How kind of you to offer a donation to The Clinic With A Heart fundraiser. A friend of mine made a painted wooden tulip door decoration. In the past I have made jewelry. If you want to link directly to their site you can find them at: http://www.clinicwithaheart.org/give/help
I'm sure they would be pleased with anything you have to offer.
Thank you for your kindness.

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Great Idea Christine!

Love your PUP!

Cheers,

Dorothy