Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bee Crafty Autumn Flowers

The challenge this week at Bee Crafty is a sketch challenge.


Sketch 2 by Bee Aug 09

Loved working with this sketch. I turned it on it’s side but left the embellies where they were. It worked better for the paper I chose.


Fall Flowers

The image is Bee Crafty’s Flower’s in a Vase. I’ve always used this image in pastels or traditional flower colors. When I was thinking about what I was going to make as I was trying to sleep last night (do you do that), I pictured this in fall colors. I think it turned out really nice.


I watercolored the flowers. You can’t see it very well in the picture but I put a goldish-brown wash over the whole paper before coloring the image to give it the autumn feel. The DP is Debbie Mumm and the flowers are Prima. Brads and ribbon are from my stash.


The Cupcake Craft challenge is “thanks a bunch” and Tuesday Taggers and Secret Craft challenges are autumn colors. Stamp Something is to use the color brown plus any other colors and Stamping for the Weekend is a color challenge.


So go to the Bee Crafty blog and take a look at the other DT members creations. They’re beautiful and you won’t want to miss out. Since I wasn’t around for challenge 14 to tell you about this, I’ll tell you now. Bee Crafty released some very cute new images. Check them out while you’re there.


Blessings,



Christine

18 comments:

Danni said...

Very pretty card! Love the flowers you added!

Kim. said...

Such a pretty card, lovely colours and image that really suit this layout.
Kim xXx

Vicki said...

What a fab card you've created here Christine, love the autumnal papers, the flowers are such a lovely touch and your colouring is beautiful. Thank you for joining in with this weeks colour challenge over at SFTW, good luck xx vicki xx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

This is so very pretty Christine! I might have to check out the challenge! Hope all is well with you...
Hugs,
Georgia

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous

Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Pop's Cards said...

what a pretty card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Great papers and layout. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week. Hugs Pops x

Jill said...

beautiful card Christine thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Donna said...

Hi Christine, a beautiful card for this weeks thanks a bunch theme, thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake :) Donna x

Liza said...

A fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Christine, what a gorgeous card. Lovely the floral image and your colouring is fab. Great papers and the flowers look perfect. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lisa said...

Wow! LOVE this card...so, so pretty! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! xoxo L

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card Christine!! Love the flower image and accents!! Great job with the challenge!!

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. Love the iamge and the added flowers.

Glenda

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful autumn colours and details, beautiful image too.
luv
Debby

Michele Spera said...

Love your card here!! I especially like the flowers around you image:-)
Really nice job
Xmichele

Gunn (Merete) said...

You done a fantastic job on this card. I love it. Great use of DP.
Thanks for joining SFTW and good luck.
Hugs Gunn :-D

Lisa H. said...

very nice! love the layout, you did great with it. thanks for playing with stamp something.