I definitely had my mother and sister-in-law in mind while I was making this card. They are both breast cancer survivors and two of the strongest women I know. This image was a Friday Freebie from Digital Delights last week. Sorry for the picture quality.
I watercolored her in shades of pink and sat her down on a piece of pink organza ribbon using pop dots. I used the CB Swiss Dots folder to emboss the cardstock and added buttons I got at Wal-Mart.
I used the sketch from Midnight Madness. The Cuttlebug Spot challenge is Breast Cancer (pink) card and Flourishes challenge is to make a pink card for a woman. The Crafting Pot has a think pink challenge.
I’m hoping to have another card for you this evening. And tomorrow morning I’ll have my Bee Crafty card for you! I’m back in the mood for crafting so who knows what’ll come to these pages in the future!!!
Blessings,
Christine
7 comments:
hello Christine!! Love this 'oh so sweet' card!! So pretty in pink for a great cause!!!That pink embossing is very effective and pretty! Cute image!! Great to see the MMSC Blog Hop Logo on your Blog!! Thank you for playing along with the MMSC this week and we hope to see you back next week! Don't forget to check out the blog again for the HUGE Giveaway and the Blog Hop starting 16 October - heaps of fun to be had and prizes!!
Linda MMSC Guest Designer
Christine this is gorgeous such soft colours and with so much meaning to you and your family.
Beautiful.
Kim xXx
Awwh, what a sweetie. Just a precious card with lovely delicate elements and design. What an awesome reason for a card. You have to hold these women up who have survived..May God Bless them both. Thanks for playing along with us at MMSC. We sure do appreciate it.
Carol
MMSC-Guest Designer
What a great cause and wonderful take on the sketch. Thank you for adding the Blog Hop logo to your side bar. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess
Such a pretty embossed card!
smiles,Deena
This is just so adorable!! Wonderful job!
Hi! God bless your Mother and SIL. My Mom is a survivor too. The pink is so appropriate and beautiful! Well done! Thank you for joining us this week and I can't wait to see what you make next week!
Sue
MMDT
Post a Comment