Thursday, March 18, 2010

I {Heart} Inky Fingers

Remember yesterday when I told you about my migraine? Remember that I said that I designed a card while I rested in my dark bedroom?

inky cowboy

I LOVE how it turned out. Finally, something good to come out of a migraine!!!

I first saw this image from Artistic Outpost last summer and immediately went to their website and bought it. But it sat there laughing at me and saying “You can’t handle me,” ever since. Now, I’m just not sure why it intimidated me so much. I love it!!! It really reminds me of being part of the Old Time Fiddlers. I even play the mandolin which is the instrument this cowboy is holding. The quotation is the chorus of “I See the Light” by Hank Williams.

I watercolored the image and then used lots of distress inks and Walnut Ink spray to get it to just the right distressed look. Hence, the inky fingers!!! There’s not a surface on this card that doesn’t have Distress Ink and/or Walnut Ink on it, including the buttons. I also used the embossing powder cracked glass technique on the image.

I’ve been on quite the creative whim this week. I already have another image stamped and ready to color so I gotta’ go!!! I’m doing dinner and a movie with my sis tomorrow night so I might not be back with my next card ‘til later. Night all!

Blessings,

Christine

Deets:
Medium-watercolor; Image-
Artistic Outpost; Sentiment-Artistic Outpost; Ink-Stazon, Ranger Distress Ink; Paper-Making Memories; Additional from stash-ribbon, fringe trim, buttons.

Challenges:
2 Sketches 4 You-sketch
ABC Challenge-quotation
Simon Says challenge-green
Crazy 4 Challenges-Masculine cards

21 comments:

Marlene said...

Very pretty! I'm in awe of your craftasticness during a throes of a migraine!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, fabulous shabby chic design! Love the details! :)

Kim. said...

You know this is something really different yet there is something about it that I really like. I love the image but I think it is all the embellishments you have added that make it so interesting.
Kim xXx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Simply stunning

Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Lauretta's Digital stamps said...

wow... this card is beautiful.. and to think you were having a migraine.. will doing it.. is even more of a WOW!!

Lucy Edmondson said...

I absolutely adore this, Christine! Would love details on how you made it. I have a fancy for some of these stamps, too.

I am so sorry you are a fellow migraine sufferer,

Lucy x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great Card:)

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

It is Stunning! love the look and the colours, everything about it is just beautiful:-)

cnelson said...

Absolute perfection!! LOve everything about this stunning card!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow GF, I love what you did in the dark! This is amazing, I'm linking it over to AO, so they can post it on their blog for you! Hope you feel better!

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhhhh Christine its so artsy! I Love it! So many great elements, I'd say you handled it perfectly!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful Shabby Chic card! Thanks so much for using Artistic Outpost images. I'd love to share this on the AO Blog (giving you credit) please email me and let me know. Hope you're feeling better.

Lisa Somervile - AO DT Coordinator

Juliet A said...

I really love how this came out - a real treasure! Don't give it to anyone who would throw it away.

Jacilynn said...

THis is just stunning! REally great card CHristine. Hope your Migraine is gone for good!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so beautiful Christine! I wish creativity would strike me when my allergies are flaring up...Haha! This is so wonderful with all the time you took to distress and crackle! I love it!

Unknown said...

wow this is a stunning work of art - amazing how creative we can be in the throws of pain - AWESOME stuff :)

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Christine :-) I suffer from migraines too but mine are never as productive as yours :-) This is a beautiful work of art !

thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Cathy said...

Stunnnig work of art. Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Debby said...

Oh my this is amazing! Amazing choice of layers and colors. My goodness I love this!

Martine said...

so sorry about your migrane, i get em myself and they are sooo not fun, i agree though this is a gorgeous card and for you to make this while you had a migrane, wow, wish i could do half as good as this, even when i dont have a migrane :), thanks so much for joining in with this weeks challenge over at simon says challenge this week hun

xx

Martine

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! I love all the details!