Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Penelope’s Flutterbies

2259792351_b4847b7a56 AN IRISH BLESSING

"May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun.
And find your shoulder to light on.
To bring you luck, happiness and riches.
Today, tomorrow and beyond."

How about that to start out a beautiful St. Patrick’s Flutterby Wednesday? This is my favorite butterfly quote. I’m working on a Modge Podge butterfly plaque with this blessing on it. It will hang right outside my front door.

Now, on to Flutterby Wednesday! 10-03-17 pennelope's flutterbies Our challenge this week is to make a St. Patrick’s themed project or to use green as the main color on your project. Also, of course, you must use a butterfly, fairy or angel on your creation!

Paper Makeup Stamps is our sponsor this week and they provided each of us with a digi stamp for our creation today. I do have the shamrock digi from PMS but I chose to use Penelope. The photo didn’t come out very well. The colors are so washed out. IRL, the deep colors in the background bring out the soft colors on the image but not so much in the photo. This is also the first time I have ever attempted to color black hair and I think it turned out well. I started slowly with light grey and built up to a color I liked.

The sentiment is good luck in Chinese (according to the website where I got it anyway). I thought that was appropriate for a card made for St. Patrick’s Day. I don’t normally make cards for the odd holidays so I didn’t want to go strictly St. Paddy’s.

If you'd like to play along with Flutterby Wednesday, go check out all of the other lovely DT blogs by clicking on their links on the right sidebar and then go to the Flutter By Wednesday challenge blog to link up your card. While you’re there, be sure to check out the lovely GDT creations.

I have another card to finish up first thing tomorrow featuring a new artist at Squigglefly. I can’t wait to show you! Also, the Squigglefly Challenge blog reached 225 followers so all Squigglefly images are 25% off until April 1. If you’ve had your eyes on some, go get ‘em now!!! They really do have some great images and last weekend’s release was a don’t miss!

Blessings,

Christine

Deets:
Medium-watercolor; Image-
Paper Makeup Stamps; Sentiment-computer generated; Ink-Tim Holtz Distress Fired Brick; Paper-DCWV; Punch-Martha Stewart butterflies and border; Pearls-Kaiser.

Challenges:
Cupcake Craft-Going green
Digital Tuesday-St. Patrick’s day or lots of green
Charisma Cardz-butterflies
Lili of the Valley-Easel card
Fussy and Fancy-Green
Clearly iStamp-Green

18 comments:

Marlene said...

This is very pretty, and unique. :)

Bubbles said...

Great card, very stylish. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

kris said...

Beautiful!!! she was one of my choices too... you did her justice and i think i'll have to add her to my collection!! =D

Stef H said...

beautiful picture & sentiment and stunning card!

hope your day is full of gold & sunshine!

Lelia Pierce said...

This is beautiful, Christine! I can't wait to see your plaque when you're finished...providing you post it to your blog! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hugs,
Lelia

Kimberly S said...

Love the darker background and soft image Christine. What a beautiful faerie you chose to use! :)

Lisa Lara said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I love the dp and the matching butterflies. Thank you for participating in the CIC9 Challenge.

Kevin Renz said...

What a great card... love the serene quality to it. Thanks for joining us at Clearly iStamp this week.

Michelle said...

Oh I love the Irish blessing and that butterfly photo - GORGEOUS!! Your plaque sounds cool. I hope you share it when you are done. Super cool Easel card - I've yet to try one. So neat how you made the butterfly punches hold it open - very creative!!

Randi said...

Gorgeous FBW card Chrisine! I really love what you did with this PMS image and the whole Oriental theme! Beautiful colors!

Danni said...

You are just so creative!! LOVE this! Simply gorgeous!!

Karen Wilson said...

This is so pretty. I love how you did the sentiment. Gorgeous work!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Christine, what a pretty card. I love the cute image and the colour scheme is perfect. I really like the contrast of the darker background colours and the paler colours on the image. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Christy said...

Just lovely :)

Nancy said...

What an amazing poem, and so fitting!! I love the card...it's so eye-catching!! And, by the way, your blog background is so fun!!

Laurie said...

That was a sweet Irish blessing! I'd never heard it before!

Katie Cotton said...

this is just fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April