Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spring Wellies

Just (what should be) a quick clean and simple card again.   spring welliesIt seems that I really struggle with CAS sometimes.  When I started thinking about embossing the kraft, I remembered that I had this border Swiss dots die which I love but seldom use!  Now, I really like how it turned out!

6a00d8341c64e753ef01310f4a36b1970c I made this card for the Papertrey Ink spring color challenge using these colors.  I don’t have Papertrey kraft (Provo Craft) or vintage cream (Bazzill) so I substituted something close.

I’m working on a tag swap that I joined late in the game so I won’t be working anything except challenges until probably Monday.  I hope you don’t miss me too much!

Blessings,

Christine

Deets:
Image-
Papertrey Ink-Daily Designs; Sentiment-Papertrey Ink-Daily Designs-Sentiments; Ink-Papertrey Ink, S.E.I; Paper-Papertrey Ink, Provo Craft, Bazzill; Punch-EK Success; Embossing-CB borders folders; Additional from stash-pearls.

Challenges:
Papertrey Ink Challenge-color challenge
One Stop Craft-Optimistically pink
Saturday Spotlight-Clean it up

14 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

beautiful, as always! I love the kraft paper and really must think about using it more! Your card shows me that it is a color that needs to "break out of my storage" more often! LOL! Good luck on the tag swap!

Marlene said...

This is beautiful! I love kraft paper, and I have a stash of it - but do you think I've even used it yet? Duhh me!!

Stef H said...

wow christine! this is gorgeous! i always struggle with cas myself which is why you don't see me do any - lol.

please stop by my blog today, there's a freebie!

Kim. said...

What a stunning card, love the colours and the butterflies in flight really do give it a lift and bring it to life.
Kim xXx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is a stunning take on the Sat. Spotlight Challenge Christine!! I love your color combo, the dry embossing, the soft image, the butterflies and the layout!!

hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! THIS is just STUNNING!! I adore all of the pretty soft colors and those butterflies just pop right off the card!! I love it!! thanks for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Shelley said...

Thanks for joining in with this weeks OSCC.
Hugs Shelley xx

gina g said...

This is so pretty i love the butterflies. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Anonymous said...

So soft and pretty-a very lovely card!

Karen C said...

The layers and texture are beautiful!

Danni said...

Wow, this is just absolutely gorgeous!!

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! I love those teeny butterflies! Great job with the PTI Spring color challenge!

♥Lea

shelly said...

SO sweet! love all of the elements :)

Nishant said...

This is beautiful! I love kraft paper, and I have a stash of i
work at home in india