Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day Homework

Remember—Comments on every post during the month until September 23 will be counted towards the blog candy!!!

Didn’t you hate it when the teachers would give you homework on the first day of school!  first day homework This little girl is having a hard time concentrating on her homework with all the leaves blowing around her!  This is the adorable Melissa stamp that you can find at McMahon Five Designs.  It’s by D’Amour Allure stamp which you can find exclusively at M5D.  I also used a Prima Gallery Rose-Violet and some KaiserCraft pearls (colored with Copics) that you can get at M5D.

The Brave Girls Club launched a new blog/website yesterday.  Melody wrote the first post and when I read it last night it brought tears to my eyes.  She has such a talent for writing what needs to be heard by so many people!  It really helped me.  I had a busy day today but I did find a couple of hours to work on some Brave Girl art!  You can check out the Brave Girl blog here.  I can’t wait for her next post.  If you would like some daily Brave Girl inspiration, sign up for the newsletter where a daily truth will be sent to your inbox.  I can’t tell you how many days I have read just what I needed to get my patooty up off my comfy chair and do something!!!

Blessings,

Christine

Deets:
Medium-Copics; Image-
D‘Amour Allure; Ink-Momento; Paper-Basic Grey; Flowers-Prima, Petaloo (leaves); Pearls-KaiserCraft; Ribbon-stash; Button-Papertrey Ink; Punch-EK Success;

Challenges:
Really Reasonable Ribbon-flowers
A Crafty Little Place-Anything goes
Creative Card Crew-Back to school
Papertake Weekly-Just the one (Flower)
Cupcake Inspiration-image
Sketchy Colors-image

4 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

darling and I hated homework! I'll have to go check out her post I could use some advice today!

Terry said...

At least Lynn remembers school! Ha!Ha! Not sure who really enjoyed homework, but on the first day!!! Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

such a cute image and your card is so pretty! Have a great weekend! We are off to our house in Pa. for a fun time with family!

Stef H said...

well how did i miss this beauty???? 30 lashings to me!

hugs :)