Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pom-Pom Birdhouse!

I’ve been working on this project for a couple of weeks now.  When I saw the challenge at the CSI Project, I decided to finish it up.birdhouse Paint this, podge that, more paint, more podge, some pretty trims and were done!!!  And yes, podge is a verb.  Mod Podge that is!  Did I mention how much I love Mod Podge?  I really became a fan at Brave Girls camp.  I have gone through a 16 oz bottle of Mod Podge since going to BGC just 6 weeks ago!!!

I saw this cute little birdhouse at Hobby Lobby while on a shopping trip a couple of weeks ago and couldn’t resist it.  Once I got it home and got the base coat on it, I decided to podge (using outdoor Mod Podge) some Basic Grey paper onto it.  I punched several 1 inch circles and podged them to the roof.

Then I set it by my desk for a couple of days trying to decided what further to do with it.  I decided on the pom-pom fringe and new that I wanted to do some kind of flower/grass treatment to the bottom of the house.  I didn’t want to do punched flowers and grass because I wanted to still be able to use it outside so I wanted to use some kind of trim.  When I went to Joann’s to by the pom-pom trim, I scoured the trim isle for about 20 minutes trying to decide what to do.  When I saw the rick rack I thought that would be cute grass, but didn’t know what to do for the flowers.  I finally decided on this lace that I colored with green and pink Copics.  The floral trim has a little star thingy between each flower that I colored green to look kind of fern like.

I really like how it turned out.  I bought a hook to put in the top, but I couldn’t find it to add it before the photo.  I can’t wait to hang this in my garden next spring.  In the meantime, it’ll make a nice decoration in my living room!

I’ll be back in the morning with my McMahon Five Designs card (a day late). 

Blessings,

Christine

Visit thecsiproject.com

10 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

AWESOME,
wow is all I can say,
Hugs
Angie

Jan Hennings said...

love your pom-pom bird house!

Terry said...

This little bird house is just too sweet! So much detail! Love this! Have a great day!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute bird house. TFS.

Jacilynn said...

adorable! love the shabby chic feel to this. love it.
x

Lynn Stevens said...

This is darling Christine!

Stef H said...

which reminds me.... i need a new birdfeeder!!!

hugs :)

sequin said...

Very cute birdhouse! He was bright and sunny!

Kim. said...

Oh wow this is wonderful, it looks amazing.
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pom-poms! They really make the project awesome!