I got a slow start on the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge hosted by Linda at Studio L3, but I’ve participated in every challenge since. Well, I was late on one. Only by an hour or two, but it had closed anyway! So, this weeks challenge is to use the Grungepaper Flowers technique and her is my try at it. I almost blew it but I had a happy mistake. I pulled out what I thought was my gel medium and started attaching small pieces of book print to the grungepaper. Well, guess what? It wasn’t gel medium it was gesso. So, I decided to go with it and applied the Distress Ink anyway and cut out the flowers. Yay, it worked great. It gave an even more grungy look because the layers on the flowers came apaprt a bit.
I typed out the work “spooky” in a scary looking font, colored it with Copics and then attached pins to the letters using Glossy Accents. A lot of Glossy Accents to fill in each pin top. I stamped some Tim Holtz stamps with various colors of Distress Ink and used a little Foilage flower to the center of the grungepaper flower. I really like how it turned out!!! A fun Halloween tag!
It has worked out that I have been able to combine my Compendium of Curiosities challenge with the new Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge as well. The SSSS challenge is to make a project for one of the upcoming holidays. What a perfect wat to combine the challenges!!!
Blessings,
Christine
Every comment left until September 23 will be entered to win my Birthday giveaway.
Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show and Simon Says--Upcoming holiday
Compendium of Curiosities Challenge Studio L3--Grunge paper flowers
The Shabby Tea Room--tag
Sir Stampalot--All distressed
Everybody Art Challenge--Handmade flowers
Tuesday Taggers--Book (book paper on flowers)
Charisma Cardz--Something new
Paper Play--Autumn
The Stampman Challenge--Distressing
Allsorts--Colors of autumn
23 comments:
Great tag and I like the stamps and flower!
oh I almost missed the word spooky! glad you mentioned it! Great happy accident with the gesso and a Fun Halloween tag!
Very cool tag!! Love those "spooky" pins!!
I am also a late bloomer with the CCC challenge. I just joined in. But what fun I have doing so and seeing all the great work people send. I love the rich colours of your tag! beautifull.
Very cool, Christine! Love the flower, it looks wonderful against the tag! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Holiday Hop!
Awesome grungeflower with your tag!! Love what you did with spooky!!!
Don't you love when you grab the wrong product and it ends up making your art just that much COOLER??!
Christine, this is fabulous! Not only did you do a wonderful job with that gorgeous grunge flower, you created a wonderfully spooky tag for it. I love the warm colors and the great stamps, and that technique with the memo pins is so clever, and works perfectly with your design.
You are making the most amazing art!
Wonderful tag! Thanks for joining in our book theme at TT this week!
OMG Christine this is wonderful I am so in love with this the colours, images and that flower is amazing I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x
I love the color palette and all of your elements!
Wonderful bookmark think you will have us all trying grunge and gesso with results like these thank you for sharing with us at TT this week. xx Zoe
wow this is gorgeous, the colours are fab and I love love love your flower!!
thanks for joining in with our Autumn challenge @ Allsorts
Amanda xx
This is just adorable! I love all things Halloween! Love the stamped collage background and LOVE your grunge flower. And your title lettering you created with the pins is just fabulous. I know this was so much work, but it was so worth it. Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.
Very beautiful project! Love the colours a lot))
what a wonderful tag! I love, love, love that flower! I guess I will be practicing with some gesso! This tag is awesome!
Hi there
What a fabulous tag.
Thank you for sharing it with us at my colours of Autumn theme at Allsorts this week and also Stampalot challenge.
Unfortunately is is not eligible for Stampalot, please check out our rules wich allow a max six combined challenges.
B x
Christine this is beautiful, I love the grunge flower and the stamped images on the tag work really well. Stunning work.
Kim xXx
great tag! I love this
Amazing tag!!!!!
Love the handmade flower.
Love the tag and the flowers look great! Thanks for entering into The Stamp Man's Challenge :)
Gorgeous tag, just love all the details you have put on it.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week and for joining in our Blog Hop !
Hugs,
Jo x
Love tag! I like the vintage look of it!
Love the tag and the flower looks awesome! The vintage/distressed look is my favourite!
Post a Comment