Sunday, October 31, 2010

Owl Moon’s Maiden

Once again, I fell in love with a new image from McMahon Vintage and just couldn’t resist making a card with it.

owl moon She is called Owl Moon’s Maiden. Isn’t she just lovely! I let the image do all the work and made a very simple card using Basic Grey Kioshi DP and some beautiful Zva Crystals. This set is a long set with a lot of flourishes and I broke them up to use several times on different cards. Big money saver there!!!

How is your Halloween going so far? I hope you have a lot of kids tonight to get all your candy!!! *giggle*

Blessings,

Christine

Challenges:
Get Sketchy--sketch
A Spoon Full of Sugar--Die cutting and punches

10 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

too cute! Love the thin little moon!

Rebecca said...

How fun and creative-Happy Halloween and Happy Pink Saturday!

Terry said...

That is a lovely image! The DP works so well with the colors you used in the image! Have a great day!

Danni said...

What a neat image! Great card!

Laurie said...

I'm in a Boo Humbug mood. It's only 6:15 and we've already had 4 groups of Trick or Treaters. It's going to be a looooong night! ;)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love this card! The image is wonderful and your coloring (as always) is marvelous! I really like easel cards and always wonder why I don't make them more often! Thanks for all the comments on my blog!
~hugs~
Georgia

Lynn Stevens said...

oh shes bewitching!

Stef H said...

oh how stunning! absolutely stunning!

thank you for your comment on my newsletter. i'm sooooooooo glad you like it.

hugs :)

coldwaters2 said...

Simply gorgeous card Christine I love the bp but that image is so beautiful I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

What a cute card!
No halloween is celebrated here,so for now the candy is safe hehe!
We do celebrate Saint Maarten here:


Halloween in Holland

Saint Martin's Day, November 11th, is a celebration in Holland very much like "trick-or-treat". People in Holland go around getting treats by ringing on some doorbells, singing songs for which they are given sweets or tangerines. They go around with lanterns and here is one the songs they sing:
Elf November is de dag,
Dat mijn lichtje,
Dat mijn lichtje.
Elf November is de dag,
Dat mijn lichtje branden mag.

Words to Sint Maarten Song.

This is the story of why the Dutch celebrate Saint Martin. It was a dark and stormy night. Martin was quite alone on that dark stormy night. He only had a cloak and a singular piece of bread. He was returning home when suddenly a poor and homeless man appeared in the darkness. Martin felt pity for the man and gave him half his piece of bread, and half his cloak and offered him hospitality in his home. Now he is called St Martin and is known for his kindness to the stranger. That is why they celebrate Saint Martin's Day.