Sunday, November 28, 2010

Doubly Distressed

How was your Thanksgiving?  Did you eat too much?  I ate more than usual but didn’t stuff myself.  My sil brought a yummy squash dish that I’m hoping to make tomorrow.  I need some squash.  I’ll share it with you when I get it made!

The challenge at the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge is the double distress technique.  Loved it!!!  As usual, I’ve been making a tag for the challenge.

dbl distressedBeautiful, huh?  Glitter and distress!!!  As I said before, I love doing tags because I just kinda’ fly by the seat of pants in putting them together!!!

Talk to you tomorrow!  I have another card using a new image from McMahon Vintage that I’ll post tomorrow.

Blessings,

Christine

Deets:
Medium-Distress Inks; Sentiment-Tim Holtz; Ink-Distress Ink, Palette; Paper-Tim Holtz Holiday and grungepaper; Flowers-Making Memories; Other from stash-ribbon.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show--distress ink
Compendium of Curiosities Challenge at Studio L3--double distress
My Time to Craft--Tag along
The Stampman Challenge--Christmas with anything Tim Holtz

8 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

glittery goodness!

deesdesigns said...

OMG! You added so many elements to your tag - it all works so well together.

I'm so glad you could join us this week at MTTC
Hugs, Dee

Terry said...

Beautiful tag! Love all the layers and of course the glitter!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tag! I really like it!
Thanksgiving we don not celebrate here in Hollamnd,and I am glad about that.
I've heard 26.000.000 turkeys pay with their lives in the USA for this festivity :(

Kim. said...

Gorgeous tag, I really have enjoyed your tags they are always so interesting and this one is no different. You used a lot of embellishments this time but they all go so well together.
Kim xXx

MarleneMAZ said...

Gorgeous tag! love all the elements you added on to it.

Denise said...

Okay,my slogan is "Glitter Makes Everything Better"! LOVE this Tag. Newest follower, the Bullodog head!
Come visit me and see some of my Glitter creations. Would love for you to follow also!
Blessings,
Denise-Junkdogdesign.blogspot.com

Linda Ledbetter said...

Hi sweetie! Beautiful is exactly right-- this is a GORGEOUS example of how elegant and festive the double distress technique can be! I love the glitter and the winged heart, and that background truly looks fabulous!

I'm glad your Thanksgiving was nice, and hope you're having a fun early December. I'll look forward to seeing you soon!å