Saturday, January 29, 2011

Art Journaling

I mentioned before that one of the things I’ve been doing this year is Art Journal Everyday.  I’m pleased to say, that I have journaled everyday.  I have to admit that I have considered my Soul Restoration class to be journaling but I don’t know how it couldn’t be considered art journaling.  You are thinking about your feelings on a subject and then creating art about it.  That’s art journaling!!!

So, other than Soul Restoration (which I’ve already shown), this is what I’ve created.

 

art journal everyday

This is the inside cover of my main art journal.  I spent the first several days working on this spread to get myself excited about art journaling. 

 

marily monroe

This is a page I’m working on for the Strathmore class.  They suggested using your own artwork but since I don’t really have any, I found a picture that would fit with what I was going to journal about.  The journaling will be a quote by Marilyn Monroe.  This seems to get put aside and hasn’t gotten completed yet.

 

restoring my soul_opt

I completed this spread in preparation for my Soul Restoration class.  What I didn’t realize is that this was very similar to our first lesson.

One of the things that I’ve been loving about art journaling is gathering things from around the house and my craft room to express the things that I want.  This page didn’t turn out exactly as I wanted but it was a lot of fun to put together!

 

daisy day

A couple of weeks ago, I was having a really bad couple of days and just wasn’t feeling very Brave.  Are you signed up for the Brave Girls daily emails.  If not, you should be.  They send out some very inspirational emails each evening.  I remembered a particular email where Melody wrote about your good mood being a flower and I decided when I read it that I was a daisy.  So the day I wasn’t feeling very brave, I wrote my sad feelings on the right and then drew daisies all over the page.  It really did help me feel better.

Another nice things about art journaling is to try out new products.  I used two new to me products on this page, watercolor crayons and Pitt pens.  As you can see, the pens ran a little bit on the left but not on the right.  I did some water coloring before the pens had completely dried on the left.  I kind of like that look better!!!  It really softened it.

Also, I’m getting a little more comfortable drawing.  I know, I was only drawing simple flowers here but I’ve drawn more this month than I have in the last 25 years and that’s definitely a good thing!

 

my whole self

The final page I’m sharing this month is a page I did about this week’s Soul Restoration lesson.  This week was kind of hard for me and I realized so many things about myself.  I needed to write some of the things down about how I was feeling.

I used a painting technique that Melody showed us in the Soul Restoration class.  I’ve seen it before but hadn’t tried it yet.  You squirt a bit of craft or acrylic paint on the page and then you spread it around with an old credit card.  I LOVE this technique and have already used it on other things.

I will share this weeks Soul Restoration project plus a couple of truth cards I have made with you on Monday.

I have finished my project for the One World One Heart giveaway.  It’s drying now so I will be photographing and posting it tomorrow.  After that, I’m going to work on some DT things for the week so I can get right back to my Soul Restoration when the new lesson is posted on Tuesday!!!  I live for Tuesdays lately!  I’m not sure what I’ll do when the class is over.

Speaking of Soul Restoration, registration is now open for a new session that will start in April.  They also have Soul Restoration II that will begin in June.  I’ll be in on that one for sure!!!

I guess that’s enough for now.  Have a peaceful Sunday everyone!!!

Blessings,

Christine

5 comments:

joy said...

Journaling everyday takes a lot of discipline - I have never been very good at it! But, I do journal when I have the urge to get it all out!! Your pages are coming along very nicely.

Shelley said...

I think your journal is wonderful and I am so impressed that you actually have worked on it daily!

Anonymous said...

I was curious to see how this was progressing. Just wonderful, Christine. It is good to see you drawing and sharing that. I have a feeling that is a big step and I'm so proud of you for taking it. As one who has followed your blog foreva', I have to say again, the transformation is just delightful. I'm thinking you are feeling it, too.

(posting from my other blog)

Terry said...

Fabulous journal pages and even better that you are working on it each day. I would start and then stop! Have a nice evening!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Wow your journal is coming out fantastic. My daughter did one of these and by the time she was done it was soooo chucky but so fun to look through.
Hugs Bonnie