Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Be the Poem

11-01-25 be the poem

Hi!  It’s Christine again with my card for the Paper Maniac Inspirations blog.  Our theme this week is Copic coloring. 

In the fall of 2009, I was thinking it might be about time for me to start getting some of these Copics that everyone was talking about.  I loved how people did shading and that there were so many colors to choose from.  Well, about that same time I stumbled upon the Paper Maniac store. 

They had just started the Copic Coloring Club so I bought the first kit thinking that if I didn’t think it was worth it, I would at least have enough pens to color as many pumpkins as my little heart desired (it was October)!!!.  Long story short, I have no idea how many Copics I have now but I’ve gotten every kit from the store plus many others.  I REALLY love coloring with my Copics.  Can you believe they are even a cure for migraines?  I had a migraine when I started this card and now it’s gone.  It just really relaxes me to color—I feel like a kid again!!!

I chose the Unity Be the Poem stamp by Suzi Blu.  I LOVE Suzi’s stamps!!!  I used the Homespun Chic paper by GCD and Melody Ross.  There are so many beautiful papers in the stack with such a whimsical, vintage feel.  I’ve been using these a lot in my soul restoration projects!  The buttons and ribbon are Papertrey Ink.

I also took a photo of the Copics I used just in case you are interested.  11-01-25 copicsI guess you can’t see the names very well but you’ll probably get the idea.  I better get back to my Copics; I feel that migraine coming on again! (*giggle*)  I’m still getting used to my new camera.

See ya’ next week!!!

Blessings,

Christine

4 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Christine!! I just love your card with the gorgeous coloring and beautiful colors and design. So fun and cute!! Hope all is well!
hugs,
Chris

Kim. said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and beautiful colours. You colour so beautifully with the copic markers.
Glad to see you have been busy and not too poorly to craft. Love the look of your time line you made for your restoration book.
Kim xXx

Laurie said...

I've never seen Copics, either. Fun!

Lynn Stevens said...

Just how long has it been since I've been over? boy your a busy gal! What a bright and fun card Christine! off to view the rest!