Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

I can't let the new year start without some introspection.  Ya, that's a big word given what I'm about ready to undertake.

I'm so ready for this journey.  I'm going to think of it as rebooting my brain.  I'm not sure what is in store for my brain, but I'm up for the challenge.  I'll keep you posted on my progress but you might see the difference when you don't see errors on my blog posts.  What you don't see behind the scenes is the multiple proofreadings I do to make sure I don't make an error and then I still see them.  And I'm sure I miss them.  What is bad is that this is what I used to do for a living.  I was a technical writer.  It's very frustrating that I can't do things that used to come second nature.  I have by first speech therapist appointment next week!!!

But on to the future.

Last year, I took a new class offered by Brave Girls Club called Brave Girls Art School.  I'll tell you what, this class woke my soul up from the very beginning!!!

The first two weeks we were making Funky Flowers. Even though my first attempt was amateurish, I still loved making them.  I was in love with the techniques that Melody taught!!!  I started a second canvas but had to stop in the middle to go to Utah for doctors appointments and then to Missouri for a month long vacation. When I returned home, I didn't feel well at all for about a month and, with the holidays, just haven't had the time to finish the rest of the class.

This week I have been downloading the PDFs and watching the videos.  It stays up until Feb 1 and I'm hoping I can get more done.

On Jan 15, another Brave Girl Art School session starts.  It's all about Wings.  We will make birds, butterflies, and wings.  We will draw them, embroider them, stuff them, doodle them. I just can't wait because wings are a big symbol in my life.


At the first of 2012, I talked about taking a class called Life Book with Tamara LaPorte of Willowing along with several of teachers.  I enjoyed Life Book so much this year that I will be taking Life Book 2013.  Yes, that's right.  As a reward to myself for NOT finishing Life Book 2012, I'm taking Life Book 2013.  When Tam announced that there was going to be a Life Book 2013, I was pondering if I wanted to take it until she announced the list of teachers.  When I saw Melody Ross, Christy Tomlinson and Julie Fei-Fan Balzer on the list, I knew I wanted to take it.  There were several other names on the list that I recognized as well.

So, that's my plans for the near future, how about you?  Do you have any special plans for 2013?  I truly hope that 2013 is your best year yet!

Blessings,
Christine

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Christine how frustrating not to be able to be quite so fluent in your writing and proof reading!
I follow a blog called Telling Knots - the author is living with cancer (stage 4 ) and was a translator, and since enduring chemo she also has language difficulties. Be encouraged you are not on your own.
My art challenge for the year is to enlarge my Gratitude diary into an art journal format, working with the Inspired Stamps challenges.
My life challenge is to walk more closely with Jesus!
Blessings
Maxine.

Jan Hennings said...

You are one of the bravest girls I know! Happy 2013!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome post- I have to check this out! You are amazing!