Well, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around Chez Christine. I've resurrected the white feather tree from a few years ago (you can see it here). I had it in my studio 2 years ago but this year it's in the living room and I'm adding a bit to it. Mostly, I'll be adding to the area surrounding it. I've made some swags; some that will stay through the year (because I love them so much now that their done) and some that will be for Christmas only.
So here's a little sneak and then on Saturday sometime, I'll show the whole thing. I'll take some pics Friday night and them some daylight pics as well.
These little houses were inspired by Christy Tomlinson's 2011 Artsy Ornaments of Christmas class. They will be strung on Christmas lights. The picture doesn't do them justice though. They have sugary/snowy glitter sprinkled on them on a snow pattern that you can't see very well in the photo. I think it will look beautiful with the lights on.
My mom and I tied torn rags, ribbon and lace to strings of lights, pink and clear. How beautiful is this? They almost look like a feather boa!
So there are your peeks. I've got some other things I'm working on and a couple of little things that I've purchased. I'm on a very strict budget this Christmas. I had a big scare with Chloe (my puppy). She was really sick Friday and Saturday and when she was a little worse on Sunday I took her to the Emergency Vet. She is feeling back to herself now (she was still sick until yesterday) but that vet bill was $325. I would give anything for my puppy but that was a bit of an ouch for this time of year. So I'm trying really hard not to spend any extra money.
I can't wait to show my decorations off when I'm all done. It's all homemade and pink and girly, just like me.
Love, hugs and blessings,
Christine



3 comments:
Sorry to hear you were not well Christine, but you surely used your time well by the looks of all those sneak peaks! Looking forward to seeing the big reveal :-)
After hours medical care is always expensive, for us or our pets - and that was a lot for this time of year.
Blessings
Maxine
LOVE your decor and the pink looks so good :)
Gorgeous decorations Christine. You really need to post pics of your finished tree.
hugs Lynn
Post a Comment