Monday, December 24, 2012

My Pink Christmas

How is your Christmas Eve going?  I'm spending mine at home baking and wrapping presents with a little blogging and maybe a bit of crafting thrown in while I'm baking and wrapping!  I hope you're having a wonderful time as well.

I've been telling people that I'm going to post all of my lovely Christmas items but just haven't gotten around to it.  I was going to post it for Pink Saturday last week but then just didn't feel like the frivolity.  So, since today is Christmas Eve, there's no time like the present, no pun intended.

I used my white feather tree again this year.  It's pretty much the same as I used 2 years ago in my studio.  I posted about it here.  If you would like to take a peek at any of the ornaments, check them out there.  They are mostly handmade or vintage mercury glass.

This year, I added the whole window treatment.  I think I went a little crazy!  I spent hours and hours working on it, not to mention the time my mother spent helping me but I really do love it and I will leave some of it up all year long!  The horse on top of the television is a gift I gave to my dad years ago that my mom recently returned to me.

I'll point out some of my favorite things.

The poinsettias are inspired by Pinterest.  The are from Vintiquities.  This is my first time working with German glass glitter.  It is so beautiful and sparkly but you better take care with it.  I got a minor cut and a couple of pieces stuck under my skin.  I  really thought I was being careful too!!!

My mom and I took an afternoon and tied ribbon and torn pieces of bleached muslin to a string of clear lights and a string of pink lights (plus a couple more hours of my time).  The pink lights were a little brighter than I had hoped but it looks very festive!  The lights were also inspired by Pinterest.  You can see that pin here but lights with tulle are all over Pinterest.

Remember the rolled paper roses that I posted here, I sprayed* those pink, glued those onto some more torn muslin and hung them as well.  You can also see some paper chain made out of book paper.

I showed all these little houses in the posted mentioned above, as well.  I attached them to the string of clear lights.  Also you can see the rags and ribbon tied onto the lights better in this picture.

I didn't wrap many presents this year.  You know, gift bags are just too easy!!!  However, the ones I did (and will--yes I still have 1 or 2 to wrap) match my tree!  I first wrapped the package with ribbon then tied on some fringed book paper.  I added a couple of silver floral spikes and a bow and done!

I have a couple of other things I want to finish before I put everything away until next year!

Talk about multi-tasking.  While I was typing this, I baked a pumpkin pie (frozen and all for me!) and a batch of cupcakes.  Next up is the richest most delicious (I hope) chocolate cheesecake you have ever tasted.  I'm making a raspberry sauce to go with it and then I'm putting a breakfast dish in my crockpot for Christmas morn at my sister's house with my little gr-nephews.

Colton is just over a month old so I don't think he'll be opening his presents but Landon (1 1/2) will be all ready primed and know exactly what's going on by the time he gets to grandmas.  My niece's husband's family opens their Santa gifts on  Christmas Eve (I know, don't get me started on that) so he'll be all ready for opening mine!!!

Hoping you have a happy and crafty Christmas.

Blessings,
Christine


*I made my own spray by putting watered down craft paint into a small spray bottle.


3 comments:

Tina said...

What a pretty home! Merry Christmas

kiwimeskreations said...

Your home must look beautiful Christine :-). Seems no time since you were posting photos of Landon as a wee babe!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn Stevens said...

Your feather tree and decorations look amazing Christine. Love the poinsettia window treatment. yes you have to be careful with that glass glitter. its sharp.
Wishing you a Joyous New Year.
Hugs Lynn