Saturday, December 18, 2010

O (Pink) Christmas Tree

I don’t make the time to participate in Pink Saturday very often and that’s my bad because I really do enjoy it!

We are posting a theme for our Pink Saturday posts this month and everything worked out perfectly for me since I finished (what I think is) my fabulous pink adorned feather tree!!!  The them this week is Christmas Carols and I chose “O Christmas Tree” since I sjst finished my tree on Friday night in time to take the photos and use it on Pink Saturday!

I bought this beautiful pre-lit feather tree at an after Christmas clearance sale a few years ago and have yet to use it.  Since I didn’t want to do a lot of decorating this year, it was the perfect opportunity to take it out and use it on top of a dresser in my studio.

100_8610

My tree in all it’s glory!  Don’t worry about the paneling in the background—it’ll be painted over shortly after the first of the year!!!

100_8612

And my tree in the darkness.

Now I’ll show you some of my handmade ornaments.

100_8618 100_8620

I made tussie mussies out of sheet music paper downloaded from the Graphics Fairy.  I colored the paper with a thin pink craft paint and then with Mod Podge to make them pliable and easier to form into the cones.

I embellished them with lace, buttons and silver pipe cleaners.  I think the silver pipe cleaners look quite a lot like vintage tinsel garland.

100_8623 100_8625

I also applied Mod Podge to some miscellaneous vintage Christmas graphics to place inside the tussie mussies along with some white feathers.

100_8634 100_8627

I Mod Podged some of the same vintage music paper and pink craft paint onto Styrofoam balls and then applied another layer of Mod Podge and some sugary glitter.  I filled some clear ornaments with silver glitter!

100_8614

To decorate under the tree, I placed some mini lights on the dresser top and covered with a snow like blanket.

100_8631

I painted some houses and a church in the light pink paint and applied some of the same sugary glitter using Mod Podge.

100_8639

To finish it off, I added some of my vintage mercury glass ornaments in silver and pink to the tree and on the snow.

I hope you enjoyed my Pink Saturday carol! 

Blessings,

Christine

I’m also linking this to Cindy’s My Romantic Home Show and Tell Friday!

20 comments:

That shabby Pink Girl said...

I just love your feather tree, so pretty and also the little houses, I can never get a good picture of my white tree, you did a good job.

marian elizabeth

Stef H said...

oh is this ever gorgeous! i love it!

happy holidays my friend.

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Holidays, Christine. I am so glad you joined us today.

Your tree is gorgeous, and it is the prettiest feather tree ever. You have it decorated beautifully, and the little village is perfection.

Your tussie mussies are wonderful. Mod Podge is my friend.

Jan Hennings said...

WOW!! Gorgeous tree and love the little houses, too! Amazing :)

Rebecca said...

Simply SWEET!!! I love that tree!!! Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

Bee-You-Tee-Full! ... and so charming! I love your pretty little 'sugared' buildings at the base! Thanks for sharing and Merry Pinks to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I loved all your photos. that tree is gorgeous. Happy Pink Saturday.

Kim. said...

Oh wow Christine this looks beautiful, I have never seen a feather tree before. Love the ornaments you made and the little village around the base looks so alive with the lights peeping through.
Kim xXx

Ashley Newell said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love pink! What sweet ornaments too! I'd be tempted to leave it up all year long! :)

Laurie said...

Oh, it's just pink perfection! I love your handmade ornaments!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW!! What a beauty she is!!

Merry Christmas!!

Debbie

Bonita Rose said...

I think we own the same pink tree... did u see my photos on facebook.. my tree really looks a lot more pink though, and we put globe lights on ours... .

I love yours and the prettyhouses!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so very beautiful! It looks like I am looking inside of a heavenly dream! So beautiful! I love all of the wonderful ornaments!!!!! Merry Christmas my friend!
Hugs!

Terry said...

Gorgeous pink tree! Love all your handmade items! Just beautiful! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Gail said...

Your feather tree is wonderful and the ornaments, too. Darling houses, it all goes so well together.
Happy PS, and Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

Christine, this is gorgeous. I particularly love the church!!! xo

Kelly said...

Precious Pink Perfection!

milkcan said...

Gorgeous! Love the ornaments!

And I'm delighted that you'll be participating in Art Journal Every Day!

Lynn Stevens said...

Christine your tree is
FAB-U-LOUS!!!! Oh my gosh its so pretty and love how you decorated it and Love the litlle houses, everything is beautiful in its sugary goodness!

daphne sy said...

Holy Craft! very creative. .Merry Christmas:)

carpet cleaning roseville ca