Saturday, February 14, 2009

New Toy -- I mean Tool and a Teapot Card


When I was in Utah last month I got myself a Cricut. It came with all the things you see. Like I need another paper cutter. This makes three and I seldom use any of them. I have the We R Memory Keepers magnetic cutting mat set so I use an Exacto almost all of the time.

My sister, niece and I made bookmarks all afternoon the day after I got it. It was very fun. Now I've got it all set up at home. I made this card for my Mom for Valentine's Day.





I got the idea here http://cutestuffinside.blogspot.com/2009/02/tea-for-two.html. I think her card is a lot cuter. I used K & Co paper from a stack I got for Christmas last year from my sis. I used my Cricut (George cart) to cut two 3-1/2" heart and two 1" hearts, a 4" circle (cut in half) and a 2" triangle. I cut the handle and spout freehand. I glued a big heart and little heart onto the back to hide the uglie. Thanks so much to Marsha for the idea.

My sister just came over to change my kitty box (I can't because I'm on immunosuppressents--I have not idea how to spell that) and brought me some cupcakes, so I'm off to eat a cupcake while I fix something for dinner. See ya later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely Mothers Day Card, really pretty. I've enjoyed visiting your lovely blog, I shall return. Mandy x

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

That's quite an amazing paper cutter! Love your valentine card! I also want to tell you how much I love the photos of your darling Chloe and beautiful Tuxie! So sweet!!!

Marianne said...

Hi, Christine!
Thanks so much for commenting about The Hawaiian! That was such a fun place. Your teapot card is really cute! I keep looking at that Cricut machine and wonder if I should get it. It's pretty amazing. Have you seen their new Your Story binding and laminating machine? It's very amazing, too. They keep making too many neat new gadgets that we just have to have!
Have a good day- that's great that your heart is doing well!

Marianne said...

Oh, by the way, I'm very jealous- I didn't win anything in the big giveaway, but it was sure fun!

Regina Easter said...

this is so darn cute...wowzer