Be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars; to be satisfied with your possessions; to despise nothing in the world except falsehood and meanness, and to fear nothing except cowardice; to be governed by your admirations rather than by your disgusts; to covet nothing that is your neighbors’s except his kindness of heart and gentleness of manners; to think seldom of your enemies; often of your friends…and to spend as much time as you can, with body and with spirit; These are little guideposts on the footpath of peace. (Henry Van Dyke)
I haven’t had a great day today. I’ve been hurting quite a bit the last couple of days but I don’t think that’s it. My crafty muse has left me. I’ve painted a few images but just can’t seem to get them into a card. When I’m feeling down, I read my favorite uplifting quote. Since I have nothing crafty to share with you, I’m leaving you with it.
Blessings,
Christine
4 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry you've been feeling poorly these past couple of days. I hope you feel better soon...but rest and take care of yourself today. This is a beautiful post, Christine, and I thank you for sharing. (The quote and blue butterflies are amazing!)
What a beautiful quote and that picture is absolutely awesome. Imagine looking out your window and seeing something like that! wow!
you are in my prayers.
hugs,
I sorry your feeling punk hon!! Hang in there - sending healing your way!!
LOL the muse - yup - mine went on vacation for a bit this winter - off to Hawaii! She will return don't fear. Take care of you!!
Hugs, Sarah
I'm thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon.
Love the picture!
Post a Comment