Monday, June 22, 2009

Tilda’s Summer

Tilda's SummerDoesn’t she just make you wonder what she’s thinking about.  Well, I’ll tell you.  She’s dreaming of the long days of summer, the picnics, the carnival, going swimming in the pond and eating chocolate ice cream cones.  I wish I were a little kid again so I could do all those things.  Wait, I can!!!

I’m  really liking my water color paints lately.  About a month ago, I was lucky enough to win the candy from Sandra at Paper Funtastics.  As part of the prize, she also sent me some of her handmade cards.  I was in awe of her cards and in particular, her water coloring technique.  She has been generous enough to share some things with me and I think it has really improved my painting.  It takes a little longer but it’s well worth the results.  Click on the photo so you can see it a little bigger and let me know what you think.

Of course, I colored her with watercolors and I put Shimmerz on her wings.  The paper is from the DCWV Sweets stack and the embellies are from a summer collection pack from Oriental Trading Company.  I’ve ordered a few things from them because some things are quite a lot cheaper and they seem to be of good quality.  I especially use their brads, eyelets and flowers. I kind of partial to that company too because they are located in a town I used to live in, Omaha, Nebraska.  They also have great kids craft and party items.

I used the sketch from My Time to Craft and the Just Magnolia challenge is summer.

That’s all for me tonight.  I have an image that I painted when my crafty muse was away so I can make that into a card but I’m thinking the next card you’ll see is my niece’s bridal shower invitation.  I found some cute DP and a great digi image that should be simple to color.  I plan to design it tomorrow and then start coloring images.  I’m thinking by the time I get finished with this wedding, I’m going to be tired of blue, yellow and green.

Added 6/23.  I didn’t realize I could play along with the Roses on Paper challenge.  I didn’t think I had the correct stamps.  Well, I do so this card is also going into their challenge and also their call for guest DT.

Blessings,

Christine

13 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Another lovely card and I enjoy hearing about your water coloring techniques! Thanks for sharing the information!

Stef H said...

oh Chris, this is gorgeous. and your coloring is definitely fabulous,

she looks like she's wishing for her "prince charming"!

hugs,

Jacilynn said...

super cute! I love this image. And I love Sandra's coloring too, she needs to send some of that technique my way!lol
Great card
Hugs

Lesley said...

Cute card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Nancy said...

Gorgeous, Christine!! I love this Tilda, and you colored him so well!! Beautiful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is precious Christine!! Love your Tilda! Beautiful colors and coloring!!!!

Jodi said...

This is just adorable! Love your Tilda card!! Very sweet!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Kim. said...

Christine it is gorgeous, I love the detail of your painting skills on the fence.
Well done.
Kim xXx

Mina said...

fabulous card Christine...maybe shes wondering where you got that fab swirl clip from lol...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

Nicola said...

Such a precious card Christine and your colouring is fantastic. Your papers are so pretty and the punched border is a gorgeous detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Marcea said...

What a gorgeous card! Tilda looks so pretty sat there - thanks so much for joining us on JM this week - hope you get to enjoy some of this beautiful weather
-x-

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card, thank you for joining us at just magnolia. hugs rachxx

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Christine, this is fab!

Hugs
lisa.x