Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wedding Invitation with Candy

I’ve talked a little bit about my niece's wedding and that I’m going to design the invitations.

100_2876 This is my first prototype. The names have been changed to protect the not so innocent (hehe). Other than the flourish stamp, I really like how it turned out.

closed

It’s a gate fold card. The closed size is 5x5. I didn’t get it folded perfectly but I plan to get a Scor-Pal before the assembling party!

She didn’t really want ribbon but I think this adds a lot. I wrapped 1/4” ribbon around it three times and tied it then put the flower on top. If she doesn’t like it, we don’t have to put it on.

100_2874 flower

I made the flowers with the flower1 and flower2 cut on the Cricut George cartridge. I curled them up with the end of a paint brush with the flower sitting on piece of foam. The top flower is sprayed with yellow glimmer mist and it’s topped of with a little pearl. I made a couple of different shades so my niece could pick whichever one she likes.

100_2881

As you can see the flowers are both on the inside and on the belly band (or belt thingy as my niece said).

The flourish stamp is an S.E.I. stamp that I embossed with iridescent embossing power. She wanted clear embossing but I didn’t have any. I think she’ll like this better anyway. If not, I’ll get some clear.

Here comes the candy part of the challenge. I’m going to be cruising the online stamp stores to find a flourish stamp that would look better. I’m sure I don’t know about all of the online stamp stores so I NEED YOUR HELP, please. If you have the time, go to the online stores you know about to find a flourish stamp. I would like mirror image corner stamps. The width of the outside strips are 2-1/2 inches. If the flourish has a heart or a musical note, all the better. The person to find one that will work will receive a little gifty from me. I just came up with this idea so I have not idea what it will be but I promise, you will love it. I will also include some stamped images for you to play with.

I was so happy this went together as easily as it did. I thought I was going to have to make a couple of different ones.

As luck would have it, this invitation fits a couple of challenges. Allsorts is curly and/or swirly, Stamptacular Sunday is wedding, and Truly Scrumptious is more than one fold. Three challenges and I didn’t even try for one!

Blessings,

Christine

20 comments:

Skraptacular Designs said...

Hi Christine,

What a genius idea! Too funny because I actually was going to create invitations for my DT entry this week but nothing I created was anything that I could actually post...they were HORRIBLE! Love your gate-fold idea...

As for the flourish stamps...Autumn Leaves has a really neat flourish set. I'll keep looking through my stash and see what other flourish stamps and sets that I have and try to remember to pass the information along to you.

Good luck!

Thanks for playing along with us this week! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Stef H said...

This is gorgeous. I know TAC has a set called "decorative corners" and they are a little large. I'll see if I can take a picture and post it so you can see it. But this is beautiful as it is.

Hugs,

Stef H said...

You may want to take a look here....

Impress Rubber Stamps!


or here.....

StampingScrapping!


just to get you started.

Hugs,

Lilacanglia said...

stunning,
love the layout, colours etc,
I normally hit ebay for stamps, or go to www.createandcraft.tv but thats over here in UK they do ship abroad, Sorry I cant help you with sites nearer to you,
Hugs
ANgie

pinky said...

This is really beautiful christine, I'm sure your niece will love it.
Pinky

Heather said...

Gorgeous invitation, I'm sure your niece will love it.
Basic Grey do some flourish stamps (whether they have one with musical notes on ??) but I know you can get them in the US.
Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for joining us at TS.
hugs Heather xx

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous invitation, I love the simple & stylish look. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

Dawn said...

Great gate fold and love that flourish..

Thanks for joining us on Ts

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fab invitation ,I like the ribbon too!
Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I'm so impressed with this beautiful invitation, Christine! Your artwork is (always!) wonderful!

Joey said...

Hiya Christine, This is gorgeous, I love the fold, and the yellow/blue colour combo is fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

Nicola said...

Such an elegant invite Christine, love your colour combo sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Kirsten...x said...

Great invite love the colours..thanks for joining us this week hugs kirsten...x

Gro said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

Carly said...

What a fabulous invite! Great colours and flowers. Thanks for playing.

Line said...

These invitations are really beautiful! Love the colourcombo and your fold is fabulous!
My favourite swirlstamps are made by Rhonna Farrer (Autumn Leaves)

Thanks for joining us this week at SSC!

Hugs, Line

Liza said...

Gorgeous invitation, I love the colours and the fold. Thanks for joiing us at SSC.

Liza x

Anonymous said...

It looks great!

Thanks for joining us ;)

Janneke X

Sprytebyrd said...

What a wonderful invitation! I love the colors and the ribbon/flower closure is perfect!
Thanks so much for joining us this week!
Dee

Nancy said...

Lovely! I'm reading through all the posts I missed. I may not comment again, but I will have read (educated myself!) and enjoyed.