I bet I got your attention with that one, huh?
This is my first try making a stair step card. Planning is a huge issue with this type of card. I had it all planned out but then didn’t follow through with them all. The most apparent being that the middle Tilda should be closer to the edge of the card. You can’t quite see the cute “Merry Christmas” that Tilda in the back is holding. All in all, I think this turned out quite cute.
In this photo, the colors lose a lot of intensity with each step up. The front and the back Tilda’s are actually very close to the same shade. That’s one reason I arranged them that way. I’m definitely going to try a stair step card again.
I watercolored the Tilda’s in shades of blue and made a brunette, a blonde and a redhead (that sounds like the start of a joke). I used the directions on the Project Tuesday blog for the stair step card. All the DP is from DCWV Holiday Collection – the Christmas stack. I cut the trees with the Cricut Joys of the Season cartridge.
The challenges at Project Tuesday is a stair step card, Spoon Full of Sugar is cooking (one of the Tilda’s is holding a spoon) and the Creative Card Crew is snowflakes. I originally started this card for the Just Magnolia challenge which is monochromatic. I hope this OK even though there’s a little green in the DP.
Thanks a lot for coming by. I hope every one had a great Halloween!
Blessings,
Christine
11 comments:
Hi Christine,
I love it and yes you did catch my attention with your title - made me chuckle.
Loving Tilda!!
Hugs Ali x
it's super. and i just know you'll be making more stair-step cards too.
i LOVE your new page look! it's gorgeous!
hugs,
Beautiful stepper card!! Love all the gorgeous images!!
Wow, what a lot of work on that card with the painting and all! Very cute. I love your blog look, too!
Looks great, Christine! The beauty of these types of cards is when the recipient gets them they usually take some time to examine it very closely...the Merry Christmas won't be lost! Love it! Oh, and your title...too funny!
Hugs,
Lelia
What a FUN, Cute and ADORABLE card!!! I love it and how it looks so full of fun!!! Wonderful job!!
I think you did a wonderful job on this! I still haven't tried one! Great job!
what a great card, love the headline so funny lol...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx
great card! I really love the colors you've used! I have yet to try a step card but maybe I will get brave one of these days! I hope all is well with you!
hugs
Amazing card and design Christine! I LOVE the fun images and your coloring is beautiful!
Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles - Project Tuesday! Have a fun week ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)
Wonderful title to a great card! These do take lots of planning - and your is great! Thanks for playing with us at JUST MAGNOLIA!
HUGS
MichelleO
Post a Comment