Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Brave Girl Art Room

I thought I would continue talking about the wonderful Brave Girls experience!!! The first morning of camp, I woke up bright and early (7:15, I know, really early for me) to breakfast. Every meal time they played a specific song (I wasn’t familiar with the song so now I can’t remember. I listen to classic rock.) I’ll tell you, when I hear that song now, I actually get hungry!!! Anyway, Kathy made a wonderful yogurt parfait along with a full breakfast for us. All the food at camp was wonderful.

After breakfast, Melody told a beautiful story about her and how she protects her family and her home. She then gave us a list of “truths” to make a journal of sorts using those truths. Then she sent us to the art room. Here is what we saw!!! When the weather warmed up, they opened the garage door to bring some of the outside in!imagew2CABE6FOZ

Setting at each of our work areas was a wonderful package of goodies!!! imagew2CA6IM2I1

Around the edges of the room their were shelves covered with art and craft supplies!!! Notice all that beautiful Glimmer Mist in the first photo. I wish I would have had more time to play with that!!!brdafeas Melody gave us a tour, some instructions on how to use her Chip Art and turned us loose to journal our truths. faeffaeef I’d like to now share a couple more of my “Truth Cards.” do this The first one says, “Dear Christine, You can do this. You are powerful. You are amazing. Your are strong.” it is time The second truth card says, “Dear Christine, Take action, it is time…you are not alone on this journey.” I really learned that we are not alone while at Brave Girls camp. Each one of the ladies has found there own special place in my heart. It was an experience that changed each of us and was amazing to share!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed experiencing just a little bit of Brave Girls camp with me.

Blessings,

Christine

6 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

I am enjoying your stories about brave giorls and how fun to be let loose with all those supplies! Heaven!
Love your art pieces too,great truth cards!

Terry said...

I love your truth cards. Great words to live by! It certainly sounds like you had such a great time! Have a nice day!

Kim. said...

I am loving your stories about this amazing experience. Wow wouldn't we all love a craftroom like that one with all those supplies lol. I love the truth cards, what a great way to express your inner self.
Kim xXx

Stef H said...

this is even more beautiful than beautiful! wow! i would be a totally changed person if i was there. imagine what it cost her to do this? but the love is defintely felt thru your pictures and your post. thank you sooooo much for sharing. i'm loving it!

hugs :)

Jacilynn said...

wow this looks amazing. What a fun time. Glad you got to meet so many fabulous new friends. Thanks for sharing.
x

Georgia Ehrmann said...

what an amazing experience this was for all of you! I love all your truths in your truth journal...
~hugs~