Saturday, August 14, 2010

I’m So Proud…

Of myself that is.  I have walked everyday but three for a month now!  I wait until the sun has gone below the horizon because it is the coolest time of my day.  If I got up earlier, I could walk in the morning when it’s cooler, but that’s not worth that! *giggle*

I’d like to take you along for my walk tonight.  Since I wait until sunset to walk, this is my view.  100_7842 Mind you, it isn’t this pretty every night, but it is a lot of times and I really enjoy it when it is!  This is actually in the southeast sky.  Kind of a sunset reflection!

Some one has done some paintings on the sidewalk.  Now, these aren’t the type of paintings you would think to find in a park.    100_7843100_7846

 

 

 

 

 

They are tools!

100_7849100_7854

 

 

 

 

 

Even tools to shoe your horse.

100_7856

 

 

 

 

 

 

One of my favorite things about Boise parks…100_7857 people plant trees as a memorial to their loved ones.  I waited a little late to go for my walk that day so it was getting dark before I got home.

I hope you have time for a nice walk today!!!

Blessings,

Christine

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Good for you!!! We have been doing the same, although the class reunion trip, "tripped" us up! HA!!!

Love your pink flowers.

Look for a refund from me in PayPal later. eBay combined the shipping wrong and I am very fair on that. Thank you so much for the order. Hope you love it!

Terry said...

Great pictures! How wonderful to be able to plant a tree in memory of a loved one at the local parks! I walk after dinner, because I just like that time better! Have a great Sunday!

Kim. said...

Wow that is amazing, you must feel so much better for it and I am sure it will help with your weight loss to if you are still trying to lose. I feel as though I have walked with you, your park is so pretty and I love the drawing on the footpath.
Kim xXx

Stef H said...

oh girl! i am soooooooooo proud of you. i cannot, for the life of me, get my butt off this chair to go walking - and i love to walk! not to mention i NEED to get walking! super pictures and you're a sweetie for sharing them.

hugs :)

Lynn Stevens said...

Which park is that? are those painting permanent? never seen them before!