Sunday, August 29, 2010

So Sorry…

…that I’ve been missing the last couple of days.  I mentioned that I was going to the fair on Friday evening with my sister.  Well, Rose, from Utah decided to come to Boise for my mom’s birthday.  She joined us at the fair!!!  We had such a great time together with the sisters.  My niece and her husband joined us as well.  I ate lots of bad fair food and we had one of those old fashioned pictures taken.  I’ll share that with you later after I get it scanned.

Yesterday, we left early (for me anyway) at 10:00 in the morning and took a beautiful mountain drive. 

 

On the first leg of our trip, we were stopped by a flagman because there was a forest fire right by the highway.  It was quite the site to see small fires and burned logs that had fallen down onto the road.  Wow!  We stopped at Crouch, Idaho, to visit one of my favorite quilt shops.  Crouch is one of my favorite places.  It’s a tiny town with a Trading Post, tiny grocery store, restaurant, video store and laundromat.  About a half mile out of town is a campground at which I’ve spent many a night!!!  It is owned by a family friend and it’s in such a great location.  It’s central to many places for a day trip and the little town nearby is wonderful if you don’t want to cook or have forgotten something.  We ate lunch in Crouch.  The restaurant was setting up a buffet to serve the fire fighters for dinner.  They had roped off the parking lot so that they could set tables up for the fire fighters.  The mountain towns in Idaho really appreciate our fire fighters!

Anyway, on to the drive.  The area that we were worried about was clear of roadblocks and pilot cars.  We did see some fire traffic though.  An ambulance, a couple of fire trucks and many fire fighters were along side of the road.  There was even a fire camp setup in one of the valleys. Most of the fires have been controlled but are still burning.  Evacuations have been lifted thanks to the cool weather!

We drove through the Sawtooth National Recreation area stopping several times to take pictures.  I forgot to bring my camera but I’ll be downloading copies of my sisters’ photos later this week so I’ll have some to share.

When we got to Sun Valley, we were surprised to find that we should have planned a place for dinner.  Just driving through town, we didn’t find anyplace that sounded good to mom.  It was her birthday so we were trying very hard to please.  We ended up stopping in Hailey, Idaho for dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  We ended up not getting home until almost midnight!  What a great day!!!  Both mom and I hand a bit of a bad night because the food didn’t settle very well. 

Then this afternoon, we all went to mom’s house for birthday cake.  We got home so late so we postponed cake until Sunday!!!  My brother, Ken, came over and we had a great time sitting outside and gabbing.  I think we embarrassed Ken a little every now and then!!!  I’m sure it wasn’t the first time!!!

Anyway, that was my weekend.  This afternoon, I organized my craft room a little.  Now, I’m going to figure out what I want to create.  It’s been three whole days since I made something!!!  I hope to have something to share by tomorrow.

I hope you all had a great weekend as well!!!!

Blessings,

Christine

8 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

so glad you got to enjoy the Fair and make some great memories!! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Wow! Christine! What an adventure and a happy weekend shared! Hope your week is wonderful...have fun creating!
HUGS!!!
Coralie

Georgia Ehrmann said...

what a wonderful weekend with family! I love hanging out with family and it sure sounds like you had a great adventure with yours!
~hugs~

Terry said...

Sure sounds like all had a great time, until the food battle! Hopefully your mom and you feel much better this AM!

Stef H said...

oh it sounds like you had a ball! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!! and many more (waiving & throwing kisses)

hugs :)

Lynn Stevens said...

The Fair, trip to Crouch then Sun Valley. It sounds like a perfect time ! the restraunt in Crouch used to be owned by my SIL parents, not sure how many years ago when they sold it. They still live there though!
Looking forward to seeing the photos!

Jacilynn said...

sounds like a great day. We went to the fair and ate a bunch of yummy fair junk too. of course the kiddies loved it.
:)

Kim. said...

Wow sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, can't wait to see some piccy's. Happy belated birthday to mom.
Kim xXx