Tuesday, February 8, 2011

On the Wings of Love

02-08 wings of love

Hi!  It’s my turn to post on the Paper Maniac Inspiration blog today.  I used Tim Holtz/Sizzix Heart Wings die.  I colored the wings with Ranger Snow Cap Paint Dabber and I colored the crown using gold Alcohol Ink applied with an Alcohol Ink Applicator.  The bottom layer of the heart is colored with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.  I colored the top heart with craft paint and then applied Rock Candy Distress Stickles using my finger.  The beautiful paper is Basic Grey Curio.   As I most always do, I colored some Kaisercraft pearls with Copics.

I’m driving down to Utah today.  I have an appointment with my dermatologist to have a couple of things removed.  Since I’m on immunosuppressants he wants to do them a week apart so I’ll be gone for a while.  I’m taking my mom down with me so we’ll be having some fun mother and two daughters (missing one) time.  Mostly, we plan to create.  Of course, we’ll have to make some time to hit my favorite thrift stores plus, I really want to hit the Pepperidge Farm cookie store!

That’s all folks!  I’m off to bed so I can get up bright and early at 10:00 am!!!  Well early for me anyway!

Blessings,

Christine

7 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

I know by the name I'd Love this one!!
Oh Christine have a good visit in Utah, Hope it all goes well. and I'm green (new thrift stores) Ours are getting a little old here! LOL
hugs Lynn

joy said...

Gorgeous card! Good luck to you with the dermatologist. And, have fun at the thrift stores - my favorite places!!

Jan Hennings said...

Very pretty and love the wings :)

Stef H said...

oh is this ever beautiful! it's elegant vintage for sure!

have a safe and fun trip. buy XTRA cookies!

hugs :)

Kim. said...

Beautiful card, love the wings of love die you used.
Hope all goes well at the hospital and have a brilliant time with your mum and sister.
Kim xXx

Kelly said...

Christine, your card is beautiful, you always amaze me with your ideas.
Have fun with your mom and sister in Utah, and prayers for good news from the doctor.
Hugs,
Kel

Kristine said...

Hi Christine! Very pretty card =) Just wanted to stop by and say "hi" and I'm thinking of ya today. Hope all is going well with you. HUGS!!