I recently heard from another one of my heart transplant friends. She and I “met” through a Congestive Heart Failure message board. She had been listed for heart transplant 6 weeks before I was. We emailed, usually several times a day, until long after she and I had received our transplants. Through a bit of bad luck and computer crashes (both of us), we lost touch. She has asked me to make some cards for her to give to the people that have helped her through her illness and recovery. I am so happy to do that since I have become addicted to card making!!! This is the first that I will be sending to her. I’m also going to go through the ones I have lying around and send some of those to her.
I used a free digi stamp from Dustin Pike. Isn’t this cute!!! He draws wonderful images and gives one away every Wednesday on his blog. As usual, I used water color pencils to paint the image. Everything else came from my stash.
I also decorated the inside of the card.
I’ll be submitting this card to the Stamp Something challenge which is to make a pink Birthday card. Also, My Time to Craft’s challenge was to make a kid’s card.for a kid.
I used the sketch from a new challenge blog, Midnight Madness. I hate to tell everyone, but I will because you are my friends! For the next three challenges you can enter up to three cards for each challenge. For each of your entries, up to nine, you will have your name put in the hat for a drawing for a $100 gift certificate for Stampin’ Up goodies. But DON’T go check it out because I have had my eye on a couple of Stampin’ Up stamps for a while now.
By the way, you’ll probably be seeing this sketch a couple of more times.
Blessings,
Christine
10 comments:
I love your card, such a cute image and love your colour scheme
Jan x
I love your post. You're so funny :)...Your card is so cute. Your blog back groud is really pretty too..you have such good taste {wink wink} Thank you for play and I look forward to seeing more work from you. Good luck and thanks for sharing.
Awe how sweet is this aimage - gorgeous card and insert Christine and for such a worthy cause too.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-
Hi Christine, I love this card for several reasons...the fact that it was made for a special friend who so deserves it....the fact that you made it for the MM sketch challenge....and you used a Dustin Pike image......am I biased??? Well yes, I'm a DT for both!!! LOL
Love the way you colored the image, it's just adorable.
Look forward to seeing more of your creations and if you want to check out the new releases from Dustin, swing on by to my blog...I have a sneak peak for you!
Hugs,
Charlotte
Thank you for joining the MMSC Challenge. Cute digi as I will need to check those out and it goes perfectly with the soft colors. The best cards to make are for our friends!.
What a sweet card and your post about NOT checking out the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge is TOO funny! Thank you so much for playing along and good luck in the drawing! :)
Super cute card! Love the image and your layout. Great papers and colors. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something. :)
Lovely card, cute image. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx
Oh so cute!! What an adorable image!
Great job with the sketch, glad you played along! I love your image and you colored it perfectly!
Sonya
http://thepinkpaperpenguin.blogspot.com/
Designer for Midnight Madness
Post a Comment