I totally forgot to post my Bee Crafty card yesterday. It must have been the excitement over my new Copics. Oops!
The challenge this week is an inspirational photo challenge.
I decided to use the colors in the photo and make a non-traditional colored Christmas card.
I used the Whimsical Girl with Snowman image to create my card for this challenge. Isn’t she adorable!!! I love Bee Crafty’s new Christmas images.
If you would like to play along, just go to the Bee Crafty blog and take a look at all the other wonderful projects by my fellow DT and then create something that fits the inspiration using a digi image.
I watercolored her and cut and matted her with my nesties. The DP is K&Co. and I used the MS doily lace punch (which you can’t see much of). I added some Blingz to the snow and some homemade flower soft to her coat and hat. I then added some pink pearls to the corners and to the lacy edge.
Now, about the homemade flower soft. This is so easy and so cheap you won’t believe it. I saw it on another blog but can’t remember where. If anyone knows, please leave a message so I can give her credit.
I bought some Styrofoam balls at the dollar store. They sell in a pack of different sizes. I took two of the same size and placed them in a zip lock bag and sealed it with no air inside. (This is to keep the mess at a minimum.) The lady on the tutorial didn’t make a mess at all but I seem to make a mess do everything.
Anyway, by rubbing them together you create styrofoam powder. Then you just glue that on your image. I then placed the leftover in an old makeup container. The tutorial also said that you can color your fake flower soft with re-inkers or watercolor paints. I haven’t tried that yet though. The white ‘flower soft’ worked great and is soft and sparkly on Whimsical Girls coat and hat.
Blessings,
Christine
Challenges:
Mojo Monday -- sketch
Creative Card Crew -- ribbons and gems
LaLa Land -- pink
9 comments:
What a cute card, love the colors!
what a pretty card! i love non-traditional colors for the holidays - except fall - i love fall colors.
you probably saw it on holly's blog as she's the one who posted it first "holly soft" (hogwildaboutstamping)
hugs,
Hi, Christine! Your card is so pretty! Super cute image! Thanks so much for playing along at La La Land Crafts!
Oh, Christine... This card is so cute! I really love the gentle colors!
Thank you for playing with us at La-La Land Crafts!
Darling card Christine!! I love the nontraditional colors and great layout!!
So pretty! Love the image, the papers and the "Holly Soft." Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!
Adorable! Love the inspiration you used and what you came up with. The faux flower soft is a terrific idea! Thank you for joining us this week at La-La Land Craft! xx Jane
cute card.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Your comment is really apreciated
Super to see a Christmas card in these pretty colours. Great design and lovely added detail to the image. Thanks for a lovely DT creation for Bee Crafty :)
Post a Comment