Monday, November 9, 2009

Copic Practice

I played around with my Copics yesterday and yes, they do take some getting used to. However, I think that blending and mixing colors with my watercolor paints has been very helpful in learning how to use the Copics. Here’s the result of my first practice session.

copic practiceI didn’t buy the recommended stamp because I already had this digi from Digital Ink Co. I should have numbered them so you could see the progression. I did bottom right, bottom left and then top right. Now, if I could just learn to color like they taught in kindergarten (between the lines) I’d be set. But since I didn’t go to kindergarten, I don’t know that I’ll ever learn to color between the lines.

Just thought I’d share.

Blessings,

Christine

6 comments:

Lelia Pierce said...

The pumpkins look wonderful! And on your first session no less! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Kim. said...

Wow Christine if this is your first attempt you will be a natural, those pumpkins look wonderful and very life like.
Kim xXx

Stef H said...

well looks like no kindergarten didn't hurt you at all.

hint: get the copics blender pen (0) when you color outside the lines, just take the blender pen and push the color back behind the lines and whaaaa la! the blender pen is really mis-named. it TAKES AWAY color and DOES NOT blend color.

hugs,

Anonymous said...

look swonderful christine! i have been using mine for about 1 1/2 years now and they are just the best!!! you are obviously a natural!

Nicola said...

Wowza girl you soon got to grips with the copics, fabulous shading!I am still struggling.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Anne said...

Fabulous Christine!!! I've never used Copics, but I use the Promarkers which I believe are quite similar. Your results here are really stunning. If I make a slip-up and manage to go beyond the line, I generally go around the whole image with a very pale ice grey liner - I find it sometimes helps to blend it in and make it less obvious than the error it really is!! LOL!! Can't wait to see more of your copic colouring!! Hugs :o) xx