Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just Buggin’ a Bird

This is my first challenge as a member of the Just Buggin’ design team and I tell you what! There are some very talented ladies on our team. They amaze me with each and every creation.

12

Our challenge this week was Triple Whammy! You need to use at least three die cuts on your project. I have nine and they are all from the Winter Woodland cartridge.

I love making a kind of scene when I use the Cricut cuts. I think overlapping images gives the card some cohesion.

I used all S.E.I. Winter Song patterned and solid paper. I cut out the window using the blackout feature in the dark red a little larger than the light blue cut. I then cut the three trees in the darker blue to layer under the window.

The cardinal is two cuts: one in the red floral print on the tummy and one in the light red. I hand cut a little off the tummy so the red floral would show through. To bring the cut to life, I scored, using a stylus and ruler, the lines that would make up the feathers on the birds wings. I cut the sentiment twice (once a little larger and in blackout) and added glitter to the top cut. I didn’t have gems to match so I colored some white pearls with my Copics.

I have found that the easiest way to add fine glitter to small areas is to use a glue pen. I have two sizes of tips so it is very simple to choose the right size for the job.

Thanks for stopping by to see my creation today. You still have today to join in the challenge so what are you waiting for? Go create!!!

Blessings,

Christine

6 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Aww Christine
THis is just delightful
Hugs
Angie

Kim. said...

Gorgeous I can't wait until my cricut arrives I have now seen so many wonderful things to create.
Kim xXx

Jacilynn said...

adorable! What a great window card. and I love the bird! so cute! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
x

kris said...

What a cool card!!! Love the bird!! =D hugs, Kris

Danni said...

Very nice and very creative!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

this is beautiful Christine! I so need to get busy on my Cricut!