Sunday, November 15, 2009

Snowy Snow Globe

snow globe Isn’t this little guy just the cutest! He is a small Hero Arts stamp that I got at Archivers. I watercolored a little blue on his body and colored his hat blue with red stripes on the band.

I got these little acetate bubble circles at Archivers as well thinking that they would be great for snow globes. They work out great, don’t they. This is the first time I’ve used them and the first time I’ve made an easel card. I would do both of them a little differently next time but, all in all, It worked out okay. I added some sugary glitter to the bubble as well as a few seed beads in colors to match the DP.

The DP is Cosmic Cricket Jolly By Golly (love this paper). I cut some snowflakes with the Doodlebug cartridge on my Cricut and then glued some sugary glitter on them and a rhinestone in the middle.

Blessings,

Christine

Challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges -- snow much fun
Crafty Creations -- snow
Creative Belli -- Christmas embellishments
Cute Card Thursday -- glitter
Crazy 4 Challenges -- acetate
Sunday Sketch and Stamp -- sketch

14 comments:

Arianne said...

He really is cute!
Thank you for entering our challenge this fortnight. Good luck!

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

Lilacanglia said...

Fantastic card,
Hugs
Angie

StampOwl said...

love it

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love this ! The globe is a super idea! And I never think about the Cricut for card making... guilty! I am so glad you are cause it will get me to use mine after I see what "pretties" you create using yours! Have a great day
hugs

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cute!! Love the snow globe!! I really need to get my cricut out and play!!

Stef H said...

wow chris! this is awesome! i just love it.

hugs,

Danni said...

This is just too cute! Fab job!

Sue Lelli said...

What a cute cute cute snow globe card! LOVE the snowman!

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely 'snow' project with us and playing along at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

Steph Zerbe said...

Oh, now that is awesome! Great job. Wish there was a close up. Beauty!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How cute this is!! That tiny image is adorable! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge.

Andrea M said...

So cute :) Love the snow globe design :)

Heather Schlatter said...

Christine,

This is so adorable!!! I really really really love this it is so creative and so cute and I love the card design!!! I love the colors and that sweet image too!!!

I am so sorry I have not been able to come out and leave my compliments very much lately but I hopey you know it is not because I have not wanted to it is just the 3 kiddo's schedules are keeping me insanely busy these days and I am still keeping up with your gorgeous creations through my google reader, but I know that does not mean as much as a comment would I just want to stress that I adore you work and your spirit and your creations so much!!!

Heather

Ceal said...

Fabulous card! thanks for playing with us in the Belli challenge