Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thinking of Flutterbys

It’s Wednesday once again so that means it’s Flutterby Wednesday! 

09-11-04A simple card for this weeks challenge.  I used some S.E.I. checkerboard DP and punched the MS butterflies with coordinating S.E.I paper. I then stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts I think) with S.E.I. chalk ink.  I guess It was an S.E.I. kinda’ night.

There’s a reason why I took the easy way out tonight.  As I was leaving my craft room carrying my dinner tray tonight, I tripped on my cable cord and went down.  The good news was that I didn’t spill any of the leftover food on my plate!  You should see the plethora of cords at my feet.  I’m a little bit sore in a few spots but especially my ring and little finger on my right hand.  I didn’t really feel like creating at that point but talked myself into doing something simple since I LOVE Flutterby Wednesday. 

The challenge is open again this week because we have a guest designer.  I don’t know who it is so we’ll all be surprised when we look at Danni’s blog.  If you would like to play along with the Flutter By Wednesday challenge, you can go check out all of the other lovely DT blogs by clicking on their links on the right sidebar and then going to Danni’s Dreams to link up your card.  Danni has also mentioned that since the holidays are right around the corner, angels "flutter by" too so feel free to add angels to your creations for the holidays.

I did something today that I’ve wanted to do for a really long time (no it wasn’t the fall, silly) .  I’m so excited I have to say something but all I’m going to say is that I ordered something.  You have to wait and see what it is.  I want to take a picture just to show you how excited I really am!

Blessings,

Christine

13 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Absolutely Beautiful,
hugs
Angie

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning christine, i hope you are well hunny. Wow so many gorgeous cards since my last visit. I am trying to catch up with some blog hopping its been ages!! ive missed so much. Hope your enjoying your week so far, have a good day hugs Linda x

Kim. said...

This is a gorgeous card and I really don't call this the easy option lining it all like you have so perfectly wow. I hope you are making a speedy recovery after your fall and that your fingers don't stop you crafting too much.
Can't wait to see what you brought.
Kim xXx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Look at all the butterflies and dimension Christine!! Awesome and gorgeous card!! I am so sorry about your fall. I hope you recover soon!!
hugs,
Chris

Lelia Pierce said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Christine! I love this paper...I still have some too! Simple is fabulous...especially when it comes out looking like this!!!

Hugs,
Lelia

Stef H said...

now that's a good fall when you don't spill your plate! great job - LOL. but soooooo sorry you fell at all. hope those aches & pains get lost fast!

what a gorgeous card! it does NOT look simple at all. and i can't wait to see your "surprise".

hugs,

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card!! Love the color blocking and butterflies!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Look at all of those gorgeous butterflies!! Love your layout and the colors are soo pretty!!! :) HUGS

Harriet Skelly said...

What a super layout with all those lovely butterflies!! I hope your aches from your fall feel better soon! Now you have my curiosity up as to what you purchased!! Such a tease!
Hugs, Harriet

Nancy said...

Great layout, Christine!! I love it when the paper just does all the work for you! This is fabulous!!

Nicola said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Christine, love the butterflies and pearls - the paper is gorgeous and what a beautiful sentiment. Hope the aches and pains are easing.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Danni said...

This is so neat!! Love it!!!
Take care of yourself, no more falls, I know they hurt!!
Can't wait to see what you ordered!

Kristie W. said...

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!! Great use of the punch!