Monday, January 25, 2010

Mer Ian Relay

I snuck away for a few minutes this afternoon to work on this cute Mer Ian!

100_5092 The Greeting Farm is having a relay race during CHA.  It is so much fun.  I’m sorry I didn’t get my card done earlier so I could have told you about it but I just haven’t had a chance!  On Sunday, they posted this cute little Mer Ian and you had until Monday evening to post your card and then you will get a new image to post by the next day at 6:00 pm the next day.  I got him in with a whole 10 minutes to spare!!!

The paper is Core’dinations Color Core Nostalgia Assortment.  I love the Core’dinations cardstock.  It is so much fun to play with!  I tore a piece of light tan paper and embossed the “sand” with the CB Swiss dots folder and sanded it so the lighter colors would come out.  I then tore and sanded two of the medium aqua colors and sanded them.  Lastly I embossed the “waves” with the swirls CB folder and added some dew drops to the corners.

Now, about Ian!  I colored him with twinkling H2Os.  He is so cute and shimmery in person.  I wish I would have printed him a little bigger though.  He’s so easy to color that I think I’ll print him again to get him bigger!!!

I’m going to try to get a quick card done with today’s image.  My brother-in-law is not doing very well at all.  I haven’t said much about him on my blog except that he is ill so I stayed here in Utah to continue to help my sister.  The truth of the matter is that he is gravely ill.  They are now saying that he probably will only last a few more days.  Please keep my sister (Rose) and my niece (Trisha) in your thoughts and prayers so they may have comfort at this time.  God bless and keep them.

Blessings,

Christine

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Super cute, Christine!! Glad to see you back...hope all is well! This relay is so much fun!

Lilacanglia said...

Wow what a great card, love how you have done the sea and sand,
he is a cutie,
Hope you are ok,
Nice to see your cards again,
Hugs
Angie

Lilacanglia said...

You and all your family are in my prayers, xxx

Kim. said...

This is a great fun card Christine, little mer-lan is so handsome lol and I also love the effects you can get with coredinations.
I will be thinking of Rose, Trisha your B.I.L and also of course you at this difficult time.
Kim xXx

Kelly said...

Christina,
Your family continues to be in my prayers.
I love your cards, I'm glad you have your "craft" to keep your mind occupied during this difficult time.
Take care,
Hugs,
Kel