Sunday, August 1, 2010

Beautiful Weekend

Did you miss me this weekend?  I spent the weekend in Southern Idaho for a family reunion.  We had soooo much fun!!!

On Friday night, we had dinner with my cousin, Connie and her daughters.  39001_423413008814_635588814_4758682_1579484_n Connie is a “long lost” relative, literally.  Over a year ago, when I was driving to Utah for a doctors appointment, I stopped at a middle of no where gas station because I had missed the rest stop.  My mother’s family is from that particular middle of no where and I told the lady behind the counter that my family came from here.  She asked if I new some in Pat so and so (no names to protect the innocent) and I said, that’s my mom.  (I’ve mentioned before that my father passed away when I was 3 months old).  Connie, the lady third from the left, was that lady and is my first cousin.  Her mother is my biological father’s sister.  She moved to Idaho from Southern Utah several years ago and had wondered if she would ever run into a cousin after she moved there.  Amazing, huh.

I’m ashamed to admit, that when I hurry to and fro for my doctor appts, etc., I never stopped to see her again.  So, on this trip, not only did we meet her for dinner on Friday, but she spent Saturday with us and our other uncles and cousins.  We had so much fun and it was like we have known each other all along.  So much fun!!!

I haven’t seen my cousins that live in Missouri since I moved back to Idaho from Nebraska, over 15 years ago.  100_7643 They have really grown up!!!  The women on each side of the man in the tan tank top, and the man in the red t-shirt are my cousins from Missouri.  The two ladies on the right are my aunts.  I’ve seen my aunts about every year because they come out to visit but I haven’t seen her children in a long time.  The other folks in the photo are in-laws and children.  What a great time we had with them today!!!  It was so great to catch up.  Hopefully we will be able to get together a little more often that every 15 (or so) years!!!

After that long weekend, I’m hot, tired and sun burned so I’m going to stop there.  Besides, I don’t want to bore you with the dozens of photos that I took this weekend.  Just saying, a good time was had by all!!!

Blessings,

Christine

5 comments:

Kim. said...

What a wonderful weekend and wow what a way to meet a relative. Great story.
Kim xXx

Terry said...

So happy for you to be able to connect to long lost relatives! How cool! Have an equally nice week!

Stef H said...

oh your ramblings are wayyyyy better than mine! and you do pictures too!!!!!!

what a fun time!

hugs :)

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Christine! Thanks for grabbing my new button! I'm really loving your new blog background! It's totally awesome!!!
Looks like you all had a SUPER-DUPER time over the weekend!!!
Hugs,
Coralie

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow that is amazing, It was meant to be! so glad you could connect with your family!