Right where you are, of course. I’ve been working on this canvas for the last couple of days. There’s a lot of glue this...let it dry, paint this…let it dry, apply this…let it dry. You get the idea. Just to give you a little example…
here are the items that I used to make this project.
I painted it, Mod Podged paper to it, Distress Inked it, applied Mod Podge mixed with paint, distressed the edges with paint, Mod Podged it again, applied spackle mixed with paint using a butterfly stencil, applied Distress Crackle paint, Distress Inked the resulting crackle, added the flowers, the stamped and colored sentiment and the buttons. Whew!!! I also added some Glimmer Mist and Sparkle Mod Podge to the flowers and applied distress ink to the sentiment. AND THAT’S IT!!! I really love how it turned out and can’t wait to find a place to hang it. I think I’ll put it in my bathroom so I can see it every morning when I’m brushing my teeth and hair to remind me that I’m right where I should be! Not that I can’t go somewhere else, but for today, I’m right where I should be!
The stamp is a Unity Ippity, the buttons are Papertrey Ink, the DP (that you can’t see anymore in the photo) is October Afternoon and the roses are from my stash that I bought on clearance for 10 cents who knows when!
A lot of the people at Brave Girls Camp made canvases. I wanted to finish my art journal cover (I haven’t shared that yet) so I didn’t get started on my canvas at camp. When I got home, I picked it up a few times, even tried a couple of things but nothing really worked in my head. I learned at BGC that when making art that has a personal meaning to you, if it doesn’t feel right, it’s just not the time for you to deal with that particular emotion or problem. There was a lot of Melody Ross’s art work around the cabin and in the art room. She told us that when she makes art, it’s to workout a problem or to resolve an issue in her life. There is some real meaning behind what I wanted to put on my canvas and I think I need to work some things out in my head before I can do that. However, I have started another Brave Girl canvas for now!
The challenge at Studio L3 Compendium of Curiosities challenge is Distress Crackle which is included on this canvas!! I’m so happy that things have settled down in my life now that I can participate in those challenges. I’ve already learned a lot and it’s been so much fun!!!
The weather was the perfect break in the summer today. I woke up and it was so cool outside. Since I get up about noon, it’s always hot outside. But today, I stayed out and played with the pup for a while. Then, it clouded up, thundered, sprinkled and then a cloud burst for about an hour! We had a late spring but it has been a hot one since! It’s going to gradually warm back up to 97 on Monday but I’m ok with that. It’s August you know!
Have a great Thursday! Thursday has always been my favorite day of the week. When I worked, there was only one more day to get through so I could stay up late, do what I wanted because you can always make it through one more day!!!
Blessings,
Christine
Challenges:
Compendium of Curiosities Studio L3--Pg 42, distress crackle
Crazy Amigo--Free theme
Gingersnap Creations Spicy Supply--paint
Simon Says Stamp and Show--Winged things
Crafty Creations--Winged things
Creative Belli--paint
Flutter By Wednesday--Open
21 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE your canvas and ALL THE LAYERS!!! might need to steal your idea and create a canvas for myself with this saying!!!!
thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Challenge!!!
This is stunning Christine, you've put some much time & love in to this. So much detail, simply gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations & hope to see you again next week.
Sharon x
Love it! Now there is some real beauty in this piece! Did I say, I love it?"
beautiful artwork...sounds like you're enjoying it all and learning lots of fun new "stuff"! Love the soft colours and textures you chose! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx
Very beautiful and the crackling looks superb!
Christine, this would look gorgeous on my bedroom wall and I love love the sentiment. It looks like we love alllllll the same products and probably much more, great job
wow, this is a work of art! soo beautiful and love the sentiment.
x
Oh, what a wonderful canvas! So beautiful.
Christine, this is beyond wonderful! It's gorgeous visually, and even better because I know how very meaningful this piece is to you. You're the embodiment of a "Brave Girl," and it's so great to see you making all this wonderful art.
Your rocked the "Distress Crackle" technique, too.
The textures on that canvas look heavenly ... fabulous work! Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp and Show for our first challenge ... Hope to see you again next week :0)
What a pretty creation!! Such pretty colors! Thanks for playing along with us at FBW!! :-)
hi Christine :)
I love your canvas and the flowers are a beauty!
Thanks for the comment on my bird cage and wings and I have one done on canvas, too! It won't post until Monday.
Oh this is beautiful, you can see that so much has gone into this. Love how the butterfly stands out plus the colours and sentiment really add meaning.
Kim xXx
Gorgeous, Christine!! I love all of the elements of it!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!
WOW, this is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along in the Belli Challenge.
Your canvas is so pretty and glad you joined in at ccc.
great canvas!!!
Ohh what a beautiful creation! Thanks for the instructions too! Great painting too! Thank you for joining us in the Belli Challenge! We hope you will join us again!
This is gorgeous! I love this ippity stamp! One of my favs! Beautiful project :)
What a breathtaking canvas! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!
Love your butterfly - executed to perfection. Great artwork.
Post a Comment