Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Just Buggin’ Butterfly

I did it again!  I forgot to post my Just Buggin’ project.  I send these projects to Samantha a week before the challenge which makes it almost two weeks before I need to post.  From now on, when I post it on the JB DT gallery, I’m going to make a scheduled post as well. 

I sometimes struggle for inspiration with these challenges and this one was no exception.  But usually, by the time I get it done, I’m quite happy with it and this is no exception. 

14 butterfly inspireOur challenge this week was to use layered Cricut die cuts on your project.  This is a 12x12 home dec project.  Once again, I used Design Studio to design this project so I can’t give you any measurements.  However, I’ve been keeping track so I will be able to for future projects.

I used the Home Accents cartridge for this project.  I cut the butterfly in blackout three times.  Once in blackout dark blue and then in matching DP and light blue with the flourished trail trimmed off.  The Inspire sentiment is from the Home Accents cartridge and the flourishes are from the Storybook cartridge.

The DP is K&Co. and I watercolored the background paper.  I colored some flat back pearls with Bic markers to match the cardstock and added them to the flourishes and to the butterfly.

I hope you enjoyed!  Thanks for stopping by!!!

Now I’m going to create and schedule my post for next week!

Blessings,

Christine

Please click here to get in on a chance to win my Baby It’s Cold Outside giveaway!

3 comments:

kris said...

a very magical creation!!! i love this color shade and that fluttering butterfly is the greatest! Awesome job girl!! hugs, Kris

Stef H said...

oh i love this!

hugs,

Kim. said...

This is a beautiful project which I am sure will look great on your wall.
Kim xXx