Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Little Chickadee

Wow, I can’t believe there is only 2 more Wednesdays left in 2009. Wow! What a fast year and a great year! I’ve ‘met’ so many wonderful ladies this year around blogland. It’s been so much fun!!!

At Flutter By Wednesday, we have a lot in store for you in the new year! First of all, we’re moving. Danni is moving Flutter By Wednesday to its own home!!! The new FBW blog is up now so go check it out and become a follower so you won’t miss out on anything. For the first challenge on the new blog, we will be having a big party with festivities yet to be announced. We’re going to have some new guest designers as well so you won’t want to miss a thing!

Our challenge this week is a sketch from Mercy.

GetAttachmentShe host’s a sketch challenge each Tuesday on her blog. Be sure to check it out!!!

09-12-16This sweet little image is from Clear Art Stamps. I thought these birds looked like little chickadees (now say that like W.C. Fields wiggling your cigar between your fingers) so a attemped to paint them as such!

I colored the image with my watercolor paints and added some Shimmerz to her wings. The DP is DCWV Whimsy stack and I added some ribbon, a bow and some buttons! I’m addicted to the bows with buttons tied onto them!

If you'd like to play along, go check out all of the other lovely DT blogs by clicking on their links on the right sidebar and then go to Danni’s Dreams to link up your card. I hope you find some time in your Holiday rush to play along with our challenge!

Challenges:
Creative Card Crew -- Anything goes

**************************************

justbutton3 Today is also a new challenge at Just Buggin’. The challenge this week is to make a winter themed or Christmas project. You can make anything you'd like as long as it fits with the current challenge. The creations by the design team are being posted each day of the week so check every day for inspiration. My day is Tuesday so I’ll be posting my creation on Tuesday.

Blessings,

Christine

9 comments:

Lelia Pierce said...

Your water coloring is amazing! I'm going to try that someday! Beautiful card, Christine!

Hugs,
Lelia

Pam Varnell said...

This is so cute Christine. Love it!!! hugs.

Stef H said...

stunning card! love the pastels and that ribbon. can you tell i love ribbon?

hugs,

Nancy said...

Gorgeous, Christine! The image is so soft and tender...love it!!

kris said...

Awwww! that is a sweet card! Love the flipping of the sketch! Beautiful job!! =D hugs, Kris

Harriet Skelly said...

I love that image and it is so beautifully watercolored! Great take on the sketch. Hugs, Harriet

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I really love this card! That sweet little chickadee image combined with your expert water coloring make some wonderful kind of magic! Lovely! Hugs, Coralie

Danni said...

What a sweet image!! Great card..very pretty!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is too sweet Christine!! Love the angel on the branch with the chickadees!!! Great water coloring!! Great take on the sketch!!
hugs,
Chris