When I lived in Omaha, I volunteered for the Omaha Community Theater. Every year they performed a beautiful version, written by the Executive Director of the theater, of a Christmas Carol. When I saw this set of Tim Holtz Christmas stamps, they reminded me of the years (and there were several) that I worked back stage. It was one of my favorite Christmas traditions.
I have had a devil of a time today! I struggled with my project for the Bee Crafty challenge that I will be posting on Saturday. Too make a long story short, it started with having to redo everything except coloring the image and ended with spilling the remainder of my sugary glittered sweetness on the carpet. With this card, I had to redo the punched panel twice because I glued the DP on upside down. I also had to redo the sentiment panel but I don’t believe it was my fault. The stamp was mounted with Tim Holtz logo on upside down. I’ll just blame it on Tim, how’s that!!!
Speaking of Tim, have you been to his blog to see his 12 days of Christmas tags. I plan to do the tags that I have the supplies for. He did his third day today but I only have the supplies for the first day. Maybe I can get the time for that tomorrow. Oh, I just went to his blog to get the link and his new tag is up already! You’ve got to go see. He has some wonderful techniques that I’ve not seen before! He has so many great techniques each day so far!!!
Ok, quick deets about my card because it’s past my bedtime. You already know the stamps are Tim Holtz and I water colored Santa. The DP is from Hobby Lobby and I colored all of the pearls with a Copic.
Speaking of Hobby Lobby, while I was driving around the other day, I saw that they are building a Hobby Lobby in Boise. I can’t wait!!! We don’t have any stores that carries the variety of products the Hobby Lobby does. Can you believe that there is no place in Boise where I can buy Nesties and Copics just to name a few. I have to go to Utah or order online for a lot of my supplies.
Anyway, it’s after 2:00 am and I have to get to bed!!!
Blessings,
Christine
Challenges:
Cupcake Craft -- red and green
Stamp with Fun -- Christmas
Flourishes -- clean and simple
Creative Card Crew -- Christmas
Paper play -- Christmas card without red or green
Stampin’ for the Weekend -- red, green, gold
5 comments:
Such a gorgeous stamp Christine and your papers and punched panel are gorgeous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-
Lovely card Christine!!
This is gorgeous! such a wonderful card!!
Love your beautiful blog and artwork. I stumbled over here from Georgia Erhmans blog and so glad that I did.
This project uses many of the products found at ABC Toys & Crafts. You might be interested in checking out the store and submitting work that uses products we carry for the "Creative Customer of the Week"..
Or even the DT call going on - details on my blog for that one.
This is really a OMG card. I love it, and this old santa is beautiful.
Great papers to go with the image.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn :-D
Post a Comment