I don’t set New Years Resoltions very often and keep them even less often. I saw an idea around blog world this year that intrigued me. A word of the year! Instead of setting a New Years Resolution, select a theme “word” by which you will live your life this year. My word is “BELIEVE”.
If I believe in myself, there isn’t anything I can’t do. During the year, I will right things down when I need some help in believing in myself. I will put them into the box (which ties shut) and then at the end of the year, I will look at the things listed in the box to see if I have trully belived in myself. It doesn’t show much in this picture but I cut the word “Believe” in pink (upper left corner) using the Cricut Calligaphry cartridge.
I seem to have a habit lately of buying old books when I’m at the thrift stores. Sometimes it’s the title that grabs my attention, sometimes the cover or any number of things. With the book used for this project, it was the title – Doughnuts to Diplomas. I didn’t read the book before I started taking it apart but I believe it is a story (published in 1902) about a young woman who worked her way through school working as a baker. I thought this was appropriate for the theme of this project.
I tore pages out of the book and sprayed them with pink taffey Glimmer Mist. I then tore each page in smaller pieces and Mod Podged (yes, that is a verb) to the heart chipboard box with a very thin coat of Mod Podge on the top. While that was all drying, I painted the Inkadinkado stamp with twinkling H2Os. I then cut the frame out of a soda 12 pack container and 2 of white cardstock. I glued the white onto the kraft colored side of the frame and sprayed with the Glimmer Mist. I added some Modge Podge onto the now pink frame and sprinkled with sugary glitter.
I made the flower in the top right corner with crepe paper (again sprayed with GM) and some scalloped circles cut out of the GMed book paper, a button and some butterflies. I then added the Prima pearls swirl to the bottom right corner and tied the bow with ribbon and pink toele around the box (their are holes to slide the ribbon through). I think that’s about it. Oh, I Mod Podged the “believe” in the upper left but you can hardly see it in the photo. One more thing, I glued on the beige lace (from Walmart) to the edge.
I really loved creating this project on a day that I had a lot of things on my mind. It sure is nice to be able to do some creating to get through some tough times.
Now I have to go make my card for FBW! I know, I’m waiting until the last minute!
Blessings,
Christine
Challenges:
Simon Says -- Shabby chic
Creative Inspirations -- distressing
Gingersnap Creations Random Redhead -- Resolutions
9 comments:
What a beautiful box. And a great idea. I haven't 'mod-podged' in years. LOL...and yes it is a verb LOL.
Truly beautiful box and love the idea behind it!
Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations this week and good luck.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx
Christine this is beautiful and what a wonderful idea as for why and what you made the box. Love the way you decorated it. Stunning.
Kim xXx
Absolutely gorgeous!. Love the text filled papers and the glittered frame. Just stunning!
Your box is gorgeous!
Beautiful! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Resolutions Challenge!
This is gorjus hun love all the detail papers,great design too thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week hugs cheryl xxxxxxx
Wow, this is sooo beautiful! Love the vintage look and soft colors with all the wonderful embellies!
Gorgeous box Christine :-) I love the very pretty image and the papers and ribbons are fantastic ! :-)
thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)
Luv
Lols x x
Post a Comment