Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Fluttering Blog Hop

First of all, to those who haven't entered for a chance to win my blog candy (a $50 gift card), you only have five more days. What are you waiting for? Don't you want to win $50?

I’ve been promising some fun for the first challenge on the new Flutterby Wednesday blog, haven’t I? I sure hope you aren’t disappointed! It’s a blog hop!!!

Welcome to our fluttering hop!! We are so excited about our NEW Flutter By Wednesday challenge blog and our ‘new’ fluttering creations. If you just dropped in to see me, please flutter back to the beginning of the hop at Danni's blog. I don’t want you to miss a thing because I know all of the Flutter Byers will have some amazing inspiration for you along the way! If you get lost, you can always flutter back to Danni's blog where a master list of Flutter By Blog Hoppers is listed.

Our challenge this week is “new” – as in the new Flutterby Wednesday challenge blog! Take that word as literally or figuratively as you like as long as you use a butterfly, fairy or angel on your creation.

10-01-06 blog hop

I’ve had and used the MS butterfly punch for awhile now but I recently purchased the medium/small combined punch so I decided to use it for the “new” challenge. I attempted to make it look like the butterflies were all flying up from the bow. Since I created this card several weeks ago before my trip to Utah, it’s been so hard to not create another card using that punch for all this time!

All of the paper (except white background) is from SEI Chocolat. I CB embossed the background and tied an organza bow around the whole thing adding a couple of stick pins for the antenna.

Now that you’ve seen my card, flutter on to the next stop, Harriet. I’m sure you will love what you see there. She always creates amazing cards for FBW. Well, I have to say, Harriet’s cards are always beautiful!!!

****************************************

But before you go . . .

justbutton3[5]

Today is also a new challenge at Just Buggin’. Today’s challenge is “Stamping Fun” – use stamping on your project as well as a Cricut cut. You can make anything you'd like as long as it fits with the current challenge. The creations by the design team are posted each day of the week so check every day for inspiration. My day is Tuesday so I’ll be posting my creation on Tuesday.

Blessings,

Christine

33 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Your Lovely Butterflies do look like there fluttering up from the bow! So sweet and now you can go use that punch again LOL

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh this is gorgeous Christine!! Love your butterflies, the embossed background, the pretty dp, and the bow which is to die for. Stunning!

Happy 2010! Your background on your blog is gorgeous too!! Love it!

hugs,
Chris

Sammi said...

ooh.. this is stunning! Love those little butterflies!
xxx

Karen Wilson said...

Oh wow, Christine. This is stunning. How creative. I don't have that punch, but I may have to get it now. Very pretty.

Nancy said...

Christine, your card is stunning!! I love the butterflies flying from the ribbon! Fantastic!!

Kimberly S said...

Love all of the pretty butterflies, and using the pins with the large one was so creative! Your embossed background is fabulous too! :)

Pam Varnell said...

This is so soft and pretty Christine. Love all the pretty butterflies and especially that beautiful ribbon treatment. Love your card. Hugs.

Tina said...

what a sweet card.

Ms. Jen said...

I'm just learnin how to use this whole blog universe! I hope a year down the road I can say the same thing. I think it's great that you have received so much love and friendship on here. And what a wonderful gift to give someone. Have a super great day!

kris said...

Gorgeous Christine!!! LOVE the butterfly punches... beautiful with the pearl centers... Gorgeous!!! =D hugs, Kris

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous creation!! Really love those popped out butteflies!! Thanks for inspiration!! Off to hop...

Jacilynn said...

beautiful! I love the big bow. I'm really loving big bows these days. I made some new big hair bows for my daughter and they are sooo cute! gorgeous card

Nicola said...

Ooh wowee Christine! Those butterflies are simply beautiful and I love how you have them flying out of your awesome ribbon treatment. What a beautiful card to kick start our new home.
Happy 2010, hope to catch up with you soon.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Lelia Pierce said...

Beautiful job, Christine. I hadn't seen that SEI paper line before...now I "need" some too! The butterflies and embossed background are wonderful!

Hugs,
Lelia

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh Christine this is beautiful - and we coordinated our colors so well!! LOL! I have drooled over that 3 butterfly punch forever - I think I'm weakening!! Happy new year to you!
Hugs, Harriet

Suzie said...

This is gorgeous, I love all the butterflies. Suzie x

Jeanette said...

OMG! I love the colors, all of the detail, just everything about it. Beautiful.

Shelly said...

Gorgeous Card!!! So elegant!

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW!!!! This is stunning. LOVE the butterflies and the embossed backgroun. The bow is perfet! GREAT card!

Jeri said...

This card just makes me feel like I have butterflies fluttering all around me. Which is just great in the dead of winter! I just signed on as a follower and will post your wonderful blog candy when I'm done hoppin'. Congrats on your blogoversary.

Michelle said...

Oh this is so pretty! Love that big bow iwth the pins & Butterflys! And such wonderful details - embossing, pearls...beautiful, Christine!!

Danni said...

Ohhhhhh....I totally, totally {heart} this!! Gorgeous!! Love it!

Kristie W. said...

My favorite colors!! How could I not love this beautiful creation :)

Great work!

Debby said...

Oh my goodness this is beautiful! Had a fab time browsing through your blog. you are a great talent! Beautiful!

Maria Matter said...

wow Christine, this is gorgeous! love that ribbon!
blessings, Maria

Wendy K. said...

Your card is beautiful! I love how the butterflies are in flight and a group of them!
Wendy K.
www.myscrapbookingblog.com

Nancy said...

Hey, there! Hope you are having fun! Love the card. Yours are always so wonderful.

Gisèle said...

I absolutely love this card. It is just beautiful.

Shana said...

I love these colours and punches! What a terrific card. Thank you for sharing.

Denise said...

WOW, this is Stunning! Very Elegant with all the pearls & butterflies.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Georgia Ehrmann said...

beautiful card as always Christine! I hope you are well and enjoying the New year!

Heather Schlatter said...

Christine,

My Breath was litterally taken away when I scrolled down to your FBW Blog Hop card this is gorgeous and I love love love it the texture the ribbon and bow the colors AMAZING you did a wonderful job on this months hop girl!!!

Heather

Ann Kranitz said...

Oh wow!! This card is breathtaking!!! So soft and pretty. Love that bow!!